PDA

View Full Version : the voice of reason

farmbif
02-09-2022, 10:18 AM
I guess this is the opposite of the downsizing thread.
Temptation is going strong.
Rock island auction has my number and they just want to let me know the big auction is coming up and the 3 day event starts in one week.

there are some really nice 218 bees in the catalog

and there are some other lever actions that caught my eye

:-( well I still need to get a 257 Roberts to go with that die set ive got, isn't that the way these things are supposed to work

gwpercle
02-09-2022, 10:30 AM
Yep... A Die Set intitles you to at least one firearm to go with it ... sometimes more if you have boolit moulds too !
Happy Bidding !
Gary

Shawlerbrook
02-09-2022, 10:30 AM
Go for it ! The old saying goes something like....at the end, you will only regret the things you didn’t do, not the things you did..

sparky45
02-09-2022, 10:39 AM
I recently got two (new to me) die sets, still waiting for the rifles to match the dies. 6mm and 38-55. Think I've got the 38-55 taken care of, now to work on the 6mm.

Petander
02-09-2022, 08:47 PM
Go for it ! The old saying goes something like....at the end, you will only regret the things you didn’t do, not the things you did..

I'm actually upsizing my shooting and casting. So much that I sold my -95 Africa Twin, too much motorbiking interferes with shooting real bad during our short summer. I shoot all winter too but almost alone. Gets lonely.

I'll also start trap shooting again, got some Rio 20 gauge ammo to try tomorrow.

Choices. I still have my Kawasaki ZX-12r, a lovely bike, my second 12r... but it may be going too... I'm 59 and my head is still in its 20's, big time speeding can get gunholders in deep trouble here in Finland. People lose guns for traffic violations and my bike goes 200 mph...

But whatever we buy or sell,it's only stuff. I like to circulate stuff so I can try and learn new things.

BK7saum
02-10-2022, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I ended up with a really nice Redding .260 Rem die set for less than $20 a few years ago. Then i found a closeout on Norma .260 brass for $.40 cents a piece. Bought 500, wish I'd bought more. I figured I could neck up to 7mm-08 if i didn't ever get a .260.

Well, I just got a .260 AR10 barrel on sale so I built an AR10 in .260 and have all everything I need to load for it.

So...find you a set of dies and/or a deal on brass and build a rifle around that.

I have a free set of RCBS 6.5x55 dies in the reloading drawer i need to do something with...hmmm

And 7mm TCU dies, a 7mm barrel blank, and a 7tcu reamer and a 700 action...

And .280 dies, 35 whelen dies, and...I need to quit looking at what i have that is extra to the rifles I currently load and shoot.