PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, February 09

Pine Baron
02-09-2022, 07:00 AM
Good morning all. I found today's message inspiring and encouraging. Just what I needed for today. Have a safe and blessed day.

Bible Battles

February 9, 2022 - Dr. David Jeremiah

Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s.
1 Samuel 17:47

The Bible is full of battle language, and there’s no doubt Who is in control. Exodus 15:3 says, “The Lord is a man of war; the Lord is His name.” A courageous prophet told King Jehoshaphat, “Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s” (2 Chronicles 20:15). King Hezekiah told his people, “Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid nor dismayed before the king of Assyria, nor before all the multitude that is with him.… With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God, to help us and to fight our battles” (2 Chronicles 32:7-8).

We’re living in a day when we may feel our foes are winning. Don’t let Satan fool you. The battle belongs to the Lord. That’s a New Testament theme too, for “in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:37).

Today—in all its affairs—Jesus Christ reigns upon His throne.

In heavenly armor we’ll enter the land, / The battle belongs to the Lord. / No weapon that’s fashioned against us will stand, / The battle belongs to the Lord.
Jamie Owens-Collins, “The Battle Belongs to the Lord”

dverna
02-09-2022, 09:07 AM
This is dangerous ground. The Lord wins eventually as laid out in Revelations, but in our daily battles we are on our own. If you doubt this, look at the "peaceful protests" we suffered. If I trusted in the Lord 100% to protect me, I would not carry a gun. Even at my church, there is a security detail and a bodyguard for the pastor... and this is in rural MI, not a city cesspool.

The Lord saves our soul with His grace, but He cannot be depended upon to save our body. People want to believe He is there to protect us even though they know better. It is dangerous "group think" and I do not buy into it. If they trusted the Lord to protect them, they would clutch their Bible and pray when an intruder smashes in the window instead of reaching for the Mossberg 500.

Now, it may be argued that the Lord will help us defeat that intruder....something to ponder. Frankly, my faith is not that strong. Or maybe I use that lack of faith to justify all the training I enjoy doing.

USMC87
02-09-2022, 09:52 AM
Amen, The Lord is my strongarm!

Ickisrulz
02-09-2022, 02:00 PM
This is dangerous ground. The Lord wins eventually as laid out in Revelations, but in our daily battles we are on our own. If you doubt this, look at the "peaceful protests" we suffered. If I trusted in the Lord 100% to protect me, I would not carry a gun. Even at my church, there is a security detail and a bodyguard for the pastor... and this is in rural MI, not a city cesspool.

The Lord saves our soul with His grace, but He cannot be depended upon to save our body. People want to believe He is there to protect us even though they know better. It is dangerous "group think" and I do not buy into it. If they trusted the Lord to protect them, they would clutch their Bible and pray when an intruder smashes in the window instead of reaching for the Mossberg 500.

Now, it may be argued that the Lord will help us defeat that intruder....something to ponder. Frankly, my faith is not that strong. Or maybe I use that lack of faith to justify all the training I enjoy doing.

To borrow from the Arabs:

"Trust in God, by tie up your camel."

Or:

"God helps those who help themselves."