PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience with Cast Boolits in a Taurus GX4?

Comfy
02-08-2022, 05:21 PM
I'm using PC'd Lee 9mm truncated cone boolits sized to .357". I've had issues with a Smith and Wesson M&P before because of a tight chamber (same OAL worked in my G19 no problem). Anyone experience using cast in this "new" Taurus, good or otherwise? Thanks

Edit: I haven't bought this gun, just want to know if it tends to have a tight chamber or not.

Texas Gun
02-08-2022, 05:43 PM
I size my lead cast to.356 for 9mm
And my hard lead cast to .355 my hard cast has pewter In it
My barrel slugs at .355

slug the barrel

meeesterpaul
02-08-2022, 06:16 PM
I'm least happy with my truncated cone bullets.
I'll be testing further but I have had some glitches while on the clock. In a PCC gun the TC bullet had a very occasional misfeed with moderate loads (140PF). In a polygonal barrel HK I wasn't getting my powder or High Tec coatings to hold up. The barrel would lead up quickly; single mag. I'll consider change in powder, magazines, seating depth but haven't bothered yet.
Meanwhile a wonderful Lyman RNFP with a single coat of powder baked for 20 minutes has been fine in everything.

leadhead
02-08-2022, 07:10 PM
I've shot a lot of 124 gr Lee RF bullets sized .358 with no leading in a CZ82.
There cast of WW's and water dropped they are hard.
leadhead

Kraschenbirn
02-08-2022, 07:16 PM
Dunno 'bout a Taurus but I shoot that Lee boolit, PC'd and sized .357, in a Kahr, a SIG, and an original Hi-Power with never a bobble in any of them. Oh yeah, and one of my range buddies has tried those same loads in his Series 70 LW Commander with the same result.

Bill

FergusonTO35
02-08-2022, 10:04 PM
My late model G3C had a pretty snug throat. Doug Guy worked his magic and now it's a boolit shootin' machine. I will say this, for 100.00 over the G2C and G3C you really aren't gaining much in terms of smaller size. We sell both at my side job shop and I've compared them.