PDA

View Full Version : RCBS/Lachmiller L.A.M. Parts

tmanbuckhunter
02-05-2022, 01:11 PM
I recently acquired a very nice, Lachmiller L.A.M. Upon disassembling it to clean out the old lube inside of it, I saw it had some leakage of whatever lube was in it past the piston, and the rubber on the piston does look a little worse for wear. Will a L.A.M. 2 piston fit? I know if I call RCBS they're just going to tell me no. I'd like to keep this nice old machine and set it next to my L.A.M. 2 that way I have another lubrisizer on hand.

Pics just for those interested, because I know some will be.

leadhead
02-05-2022, 05:45 PM
Looks the same as the RCBS and I bet the O rings are the same. If not, then take the piston
and O rings to an Ace hardware store. They have all kinds and sizes of O rings.
leadhead

Gofaaast
02-05-2022, 05:59 PM
Should be the same as LAM. LAM2 shows a different part number so it is most likely different. I have always taken mine to the auto parts store and got one to match.

80095 is the RCBS part number for LAM orings if you choose to call them.

tmanbuckhunter
02-05-2022, 09:54 PM
Looks the same as the RCBS and I bet the O rings are the same. If not, then take the piston
and O rings to an Ace hardware store. They have all kinds and sizes of O rings.
leadhead
If I can't get the parts from RCBS I will do just that. You are right, it is the same as an RCBS. RCBS bought out Lachmiller for their "casting department" many moons ago.

Should be the same as LAM. LAM2 shows a different part number so it is most likely different. I have always taken mine to the auto parts store and got one to match.

80095 is the RCBS part number for LAM orings if you choose to call them.
Figures they would be different. It looks the same but the "lube tube" looks smaller than on my LAM 2.

45DUDE
02-06-2022, 02:40 AM
A good hardware store has 0 rings. Also a parts store has ac 0 rings and some of the green ones may work. 0 rings from a Lyman 450 may work? Measure the inside dia. of the cylinder in .100 and I will measure one of my 450's. Your top cylinder looks like an old Lyman before the 450 but they are the same size i.d.

HillbillyJim
02-07-2022, 10:04 AM
Ace hardware is my number one goto place