PDA

View Full Version : Noe 360-136-sp

hawkenhunter50
02-05-2022, 02:55 AM
Just ordered this mold after missing out on a similar Lyman mold on here the other day. Looks like a fun bullet to try out. While looking for this mold I ran across Matts Bullets which had a scan of 357 load data from Lyman 3rd edition for 358093. I checked my 3rd edition and found nothing for 357 or 38 special. I'm sure I can come up with a load, but wondering if anyone can check their manual and see if any data is available. Mainly interested in 38 special but 357 couldn't hurt either.

Or feel free to share your favorite load with either Lyman or NOE molds.

hawkenhunter50
02-06-2022, 03:42 AM
Hmmmm, perhaps I am the only one who thought this was a neat design. Not much shows up for searches with this one so perhaps it's not worth much but I need something to tinker with until the weather warms up some.

rockshooter
02-06-2022, 08:12 PM
Sort of an odd-looking bullet but seats pretty deep. Since it's a revolver with no function issues, I'd probably start with load data in .38 Sp for a 148 gr solid base wad cutter. That should get you in the ballpark and be quite safe pressure-wise.
Loren

Forrest r
02-07-2022, 07:53 AM
Really not much help, had both the lyman sp molds for the 35cal's and 44cls. Sold them for stupid $$$ on ebay.

Pretty big difference between the lyman and the neo versions of this bullet. I used 125gr cast and jacketed data when testing that lyman bullet. I see no reason you couldn't use hornady 140gr xtp/hap data for that neo bullet.

These bullets are surprisingly accurate and extremely efficient with the gc bottom drive band and multiple small drive bands that collapse/seal fast making higher velocities for the same load (high or low pressure) then other bullet designs with the same weight.

I used the 125gr lyman 358093 in 38spl/snubnosed revolver loads that were low recoil. They also did extremely well in the 357mag contender bbl's.

Actually shot the 429303 more than the 358093. PC'd them up red and pink for the misses to use in a ca bulldog and 44mag plinking loads.
https://i.imgur.com/hyV2PpT.jpg