PDA

View Full Version : Primers along I-81 PA to VA

slughammer
02-04-2022, 12:09 AM
Looking for small pistol primers and will be traveling from PA to Blacksburg VA down interstate 81. I don't want to hoard or scalp, but wouldn't mind getting 5k to hold me over for a couple years.
Does anyone know of any shops along the way that actually have stock?

Slughammer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

kevin c
02-04-2022, 03:57 AM
Man, from what I’ve been reading, there’s very little available, especially small pistol primers, and what is available is going for three to five times the prices seen two or three years ago. Most retail operations only have primers in sporadically, with limited selection and cap the amount you can buy.

Maybe make a list of shops on the way and plan on spending time going to each in hopes of finding a few hundred or a thousand here or there? Or perhaps some private party with some to sell will see your request and contact you.

Cosmic_Charlie
02-04-2022, 07:24 AM
Let your fingers do the walking.

ohen cepel
02-04-2022, 08:47 AM
5k?!?! I haven't seen 5k combined of any primers in stock in a year+ now. Places that have them may sell you a 100 or so and those places I know of keep them behind the counter for the locals who ask, not someone passing by.

Handloader109
02-04-2022, 09:00 AM
guess his horde is gone. And there is no stock in sight anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sasquatch-1
02-04-2022, 09:13 AM
Give these places a call. All three are located on Rt. 11 which runs parallel to Rt. 81. Coming from PA. you would come across them in the order they are listed. RSP will be about 5 minutes off Rt. 11. I would definitely call first to see if and what they may have in stock.

RSP Gun Shop LLC
54 Forevergreen Dr, Falling Waters, WV 25419
(304) 274-6171
Small shop
Keeps prices reasonable

Hafer’s Gunsmithing, Inc.
6541 Williamsport Pike
Falling Waters, WV 25419
240-347-4906
Large shop with large inventory of guns.
A bit high on prices

Ray's Guns
www.raysguns.com
5741 Tabler Station Rd, Inwood, WV 25428
(304) 263-0661
Medium size shop with nice inventory of guns.
Reasonable but doesn't keep a lot of reloading stock for centerfire

Valley Guns II
998 Arden Nollville Rd
Inwood, WV 25428
304-229-4411
Have not been in here for quite a while but in the past has had a good inventory of guns and supplies. It is a fairly good size store.
Probably a bit high but in the past has had reloading supplies.

slughammer
02-04-2022, 09:34 AM
Give these places a call. All three are located on Rt. 11 which runs parallel to Rt. 81. Coming from PA. you would come across them in the order they are listed. ....

Thank you for taking the time to type this out, it is truly appreciated. WV is about the halfway point in my trip, I will check them out.

Slughammer

Sasquatch-1
02-04-2022, 09:56 AM
Cut and paste makes it easy. :drinks:

Isaac
02-04-2022, 04:07 PM
Give these places a call. All three are located on Rt. 11 which runs parallel to Rt. 81. Coming from PA. you would come across them in the order they are listed. RSP will be about 5 minutes off Rt. 11. I would definitely call first to see if and what they may have in stock.

RSP Gun Shop LLC
54 Forevergreen Dr, Falling Waters, WV 25419
(304) 274-6171
Small shop
Keeps prices reasonable

Hafer’s Gunsmithing, Inc.
6541 Williamsport Pike
Falling Waters, WV 25419
240-347-4906
Large shop with large inventory of guns.
A bit high on prices

Ray's Guns
www.raysguns.com
5741 Tabler Station Rd, Inwood, WV 25428
(304) 263-0661
Medium size shop with nice inventory of guns.
Reasonable but doesn't keep a lot of reloading stock for centerfire

Valley Guns II
998 Arden Nollville Rd
Inwood, WV 25428
304-229-4411
Have not been in here for quite a while but in the past has had a good inventory of guns and supplies. It is a fairly good size store.
Probably a bit high but in the past has had reloading supplies.

Unless Hafers has opened another location, they're location that I'm aware of is 15411 National Pike, Hagerstown Md. This is still in close proximity to Falling Waters, just a bit prior in Maryland. Easy access from I-81 south. Take National Pike (US. Rt 40) west from I-81 about 4-5 miles. Hafers will be on left. Many guns in stock and some reloading supplies but likely not primers. Their powder is about $40 per pound. Nice store, but they are pricey. RSP has better prices on powder. I was at both stores two weeks ago... neither had primers and couldn't say when they would get any. I've been to Ray's in Inwood in the past. They are just as Sasquatch has described. Each location is worth a look see if you have time.

Thanks,
Isaac

farmbif
02-04-2022, 07:57 PM
can't tell you about primers, but there's that place in on 81 in penn that makes some outstanding sausages definitely worth stopping at. dont forget a big ice chest

there is a bass pro not too far away and there is a man who works in the gun/shooting dept in a wheelchair, a fellow bullet caster, a very knowledgable man, can't remember his name. but if anyone he might know where some could be found

slughammer
02-04-2022, 10:12 PM
Unless Hafers has opened another location, they're location that I'm aware of is 15411 National Pike, Hagerstown Md. This is still in close proximity to Falling Waters, just a bit prior in Maryland. Easy access from I-81 south. Take National Pike (US. Rt 40) west from I-81 about 4-5 miles. Hafers will be on left. Many guns in stock and some reloading supplies but likely not primers. Their powder is about $40 per pound. Nice store, but they are pricey. RSP has better prices on powder. I was at both stores two weeks ago... neither had primers and couldn't say when they would get any. I've been to Ray's in Inwood in the past. They are just as Sasquatch has described. Each location is worth a look see if you have time.

Thanks,
IsaacHafer's does have a second store, I called and the machine gave me the choice for each location. I talked to a pleasant person on the phone. They had small pistol magnum and the limit was 300.

slughammer
02-04-2022, 10:15 PM
can't tell you about primers, but there's that place in on 81 in penn that makes some outstanding sausages definitely worth stopping at. dont forget a big ice chest

there is a bass pro not too far away and there is a man who works in the gun/shooting dept in a wheelchair, a fellow bullet caster, a very knowledgable man, can't remember his name. but if anyone he might know where some could be foundDietrich's Meats & Country Store is the place you're thinking about, in Lenhartsville off of RT 78 on old 22. (Krumsville Exit off of 78) Yes, I've eaten their delicious choices many times. Highly recommended!

Dietrich's Meats & Country Store
(610) 756-6344
https://maps.app.goo.gl/4hSzA6eR7X2NwWND8

Sasquatch-1
02-05-2022, 09:22 AM
Unless Hafers has opened another location, they're location that I'm aware of is 15411 National Pike, Hagerstown Md.

They opened a store on Rt 11 sometime in the last year. They have a fairly large inventory, but their prices tend to be a bit high.

Isaac
02-06-2022, 06:49 PM
They opened a store on Rt 11 sometime in the last year. They have a fairly large inventory, but their prices tend to be a bit high.

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info! Another place to stop!

Isaac