PDA

View Full Version : Suspended from Natchez Shooters Supply website ?

tinsnips
02-03-2022, 11:17 PM
I was poking around Natchez Shooters Supply tonight going to order some stuff then all of a sudden poof the web site said I was suspended . I can't get on the site no more what the heck is wrong? Has this ever happened to anyone else ?

Winger Ed.
02-03-2022, 11:37 PM
Never happened to me.
I'm not sure if I would call/ email them or not, but if it couldn't be instantly resolved:
I'm sure I could find someone else willing to take my money.

quilbilly
02-03-2022, 11:42 PM
There are some strange things happening at other gun related websites as well including Midsouth like suddenly not taking a credit card for no apparent reason. I wonder if they are under attack by hackers?

Thin Man
02-04-2022, 07:57 AM
If you have issues with the Natchez website, call their owner: Chattanooga Shooting Supply. They probably can help you with that problem.

gwpercle
02-04-2022, 11:50 AM
Back in the day Midway had a telephone number you could call and place an order with a living person , it was a toll-free number and since I wasn't computer literate ... I phoned in lots of orders over the years . Maybe they still have some primitive form of ordering that doesn't (GASP) require the use of the inter-net-web to make a purchase ...
Could be too those days are gone and the only transactions are now controlled by the owners of the inter-web-net ...
Gary

Outer Rondacker
02-04-2022, 12:09 PM
Midway has a hotline with a real person. I have use it many times, I had to use it a few weeks ago as the website would not take my CC numbers either. They said they had been told that buy many people placing orders that day. I just went to Natchez and I cannot say for the card services but the site is working fine for me. Call them.

recumbent
02-04-2022, 12:21 PM
Their web site could have been hacked.

tunnug
02-04-2022, 12:26 PM
It's counter productive for a company to ban customers unless they've been super problematic, sounds more like a hack from someone wanting to harm natchez , have you tried going back to see what happens?
Meant to say going back after your computer has been shut down.

MUSTANG
02-04-2022, 01:34 PM
Man in the Middle Attack?

MaryB
02-04-2022, 02:27 PM
Also a possibility you have a computer virus...

super6
02-04-2022, 02:52 PM
Or just outdated software.

JSnover
02-05-2022, 03:29 PM
Could be hackers, could harassment from third parties. A few years ago I kept getting spam/virus warnings when I tried to go to some of my favorite gun-related sites. One rumor that sounded credible was anti-gun people were falsely reporting spam/spayware/etc to the service provider. The provider wouldn't even bother to verify it, they just tacked MalWare warnings to the main page and scared a bunch of people away for no reason.
The isn't quite the same thing but there are a lot of idiots who have found ways to aggravate the rest of us.

35isit
02-06-2022, 08:33 AM
Some places are changing. I wanted to order Eley ammo from Champions Choice in Tn. I had done it numerous times over their website. Now you have to call in ammo orders. When I called, I asked about change? Was told about a new law. Not sure if it was state or federal. They had to know who they were selling ammo to.

kevin c
02-06-2022, 10:19 PM
I had problems getting onto the Brian Enos forums last week. I wonder if there really is some sort of attack being carried out.

CLP
04-03-2022, 08:22 PM
Have you moved to a new state recently? When I lived in Alabama I wasn't able to order from them - the website error message said they couldn't service my location.

Hogtamer
04-03-2022, 08:38 PM
No sales to Georgia residents either.

david s
04-03-2022, 09:15 PM
I ordered a couple of 1911 safety's off of SHOPRUGER in South Carolina a while ago and got an Email back saying I needed to confirm I was an US resident, and the safeties weren't for export. I informed the customer service rep over the phone that I am indeed a citizen, and the safeties were going to Montana. They then sent them out to me. Within the last couple of years, I've ordered from both Natchez and Midsouth thru the mail, they won't accept personal checks anymore, but they were both okay with postal money orders. Could orders to Georgia and Tennessee be a tax issue?

alamogunr
04-03-2022, 10:08 PM
As a resident of Tennessee, I have never been able to order from Natchez. It was explained to me as a protection for their dealer customers in neighboring states. I haven't tried for the last 5 or so years.

LEADHOPPER
04-03-2022, 10:36 PM
No sales to Georgia residents either.

I have been able to order from them. I know at one time GA residents couldn't order from them, but as if recently I've been able to.

Eddie Southgate
04-03-2022, 11:05 PM
As a resident of Tennessee, I have never been able to order from Natchez. It was explained to me as a protection for their dealer customers in neighboring states. I haven't tried for the last 5 or so years.

I have ordered from them before and had the order delivered to my Tennessee residence.

jaysouth
04-03-2022, 11:45 PM
Have you moved to a new state recently? When I lived in Alabama I wasn't able to order from them - the website error message said they couldn't service my location.

natchez sucks because they will not sell to anyone in TN or adjacent states. Some 1950s thing about "protecting their distributors". I hope they die a slow painful death.

NY_Treeguy
04-04-2022, 07:37 AM
Just tried their site. First few clicks all was fine. I then got: Access Denied. Error 1015 You are being rate limited

Tried again from a private browser window and all was good. Web problem or they have been hacked.