PDA

View Full Version : Hornady spareparts

Gunslinger
01-19-2009, 05:53 AM
I promise my reloading pal to see if I could find him some spareparts, he's an older gentleman, and not quite up to speed in regard to internet and so on.

I seached Hornady's homepage, but were unable to find anything. What is needed is the following (for an Hornady L'N'L).

The pimertube base. You know that plastic base where the primertube is attached you have to unscrew to load primers. They brake constantly and he's getting tired of glueing it together.

The round spring surrounding the shellplate.

Has anyone had experience ordering spareparts from Hornady?

August
01-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Yes, I have. Call 'em, they'll be on the way immediately. I suggest you talk to a service tech when you call and suspect you'll get the parts gratis.

Gunslinger
01-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Cool :-D

Now I just need to find out what the different stuff I need is called!!

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-19-2009, 09:46 AM
I promise my reloading pal to see if I could find him some spareparts, he's an older gentleman, and not quite up to speed in regard to internet and so on.

I seached Hornady's homepage, but were unable to find anything. What is needed is the following (for an Hornady L'N'L).

The primertube base. You know that plastic base where the primertube is attached you have to unscrew to load primers. They brake constantly and he's getting tired of glueing it together.

The priming system has been changed for several years from the plastic base to a metal one. He should call Hornady at their 800 number (from the website) and get his priming system upgraded. The newer system runs smoother and mine has never broken.

The round spring surrounding the shellplate.

Again, call Hornady, they'll send him these springs for free.

Has anyone had experience ordering spareparts from Hornady?

Never had to order any spare parts. Anything that's broken or worn out on my press they've replaced for free. Just call and ask for the technical support group.

Don't worry about what they're called. Just describe them to the tech support guy and he'll know what they are. BTW, you can download a manual off the Hornady website and it'll have part numbers/descriptions in it.

Regards,

Dave

Gunslinger
01-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Thank you Dave :-)

Sounds a lot easier that I thought It'd be. I'll definately give them a call... my pal is gonna be happy.