PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

PeteB
02-02-2022, 07:43 AM
Greetings from the UK. I've been shooting airguns since I was a teenager and firearms for the last 23 years. Just bought a Miroku Winchester Limited Edition in 45 LC and this brings my gun count to 8. During our many Covid lockdowns I took up bullet casting and powder coating and I'm finding it great fun.

I'm now retired almost 7 years from the Aerospace industry serving a traditional apprenticeship at age 16 and going on to become Head of Engineering in the Structures Test department of Airbus. My apprenticeship continues to serve me well in this new endeavour.

I have many questions and look forward to broadening my knowledge further with the help of the Cast Boolits community.

Tazman1602
02-02-2022, 08:04 AM
Hello Pete!

Welcome to the forum. I have to warn you — this forum can lead to several addictions if you don’t already have them, this winter I got bit by the air rifle and BPCR bug. I just recently discovered that air rifles are available in calibers up to .50…..OUCH! That bite hurt.

Didn’t know the Miroku were made in that caliber, sounds fun!

Art

PeteB
02-02-2022, 08:08 AM
I didn't know air rifles were made so big! I already realised casting and coatings are part of a large rabbit hole!

WRideout
02-02-2022, 11:01 AM
Welcome, Pete. If you ever have trouble translating American into English, let me know.

Seriously, this forum is a wealth of information, and is one of the only polite sites on the internet.

Wayne

PeteB
02-02-2022, 06:33 PM
I'm pretty good at speaking, understanding and reading American! America is our favourite destination and have visited 38 states so far.

slim1836
02-03-2022, 01:30 AM
Welcome to the forum. This place has been my most visited site for many years.

A wealth of knowledge can be gained here.

Slim