PDA

View Full Version : Revelation pump action

jim 44-40
02-01-2022, 05:06 AM
Lgs has a 12 gauge Revelation pump action with a adjustable choke for 150.00
It is in fair condition on the outside,not sure about the interior parts.Think it could be Winchester clone?

RoyEllis
02-01-2022, 11:38 AM
Revelation was Western Auto's house brand, should be a R310 series. Made for them by Mossberg, parts interchange w/ Mossberg 500 as it's just a 500 with different markings.

farmbif
02-01-2022, 11:39 AM
western auto stores sold revelation pump shotguns that were made by moss berg and rebranded revelation just for western auto.
one model they sold for sure was the moss berg 500a only had revelation name on it. with adjustable choke if it operational condition definately worth $150.
they get twice that for a replacement barrel with choke tubes for my old 500a slugster

TMB
02-01-2022, 12:31 PM
I think the old store brand firearms like J. C. Higgins, Western Field, etc... are becoming collectable if still in original condition to some people. Lot cooler to have an old Western Auto Revelation Mossberg than new plastic stock Mossberg. Makes me sad to see people get these old store brand guns cheap, then tacticool them up with magpul stuff or do the diy camo job.

gwpercle
02-01-2022, 02:01 PM
The "Revalation" pumps usually sell for less than their "Name Brand" makers shotguns do and since this one isn't in collectible shape it would do just fine as a shooter ... Take a $100 bill into the store and after commenting on the poor shape the metal and wood is in ... and how it should at least be refinished ... maybe the Store owner would like the looks of that $100 bill ...cash money can motivate people .

I have two Revelations , a bolt action .410 and a bolt action 16 ga.
Nobody has ever shown any interest in them !
My old man bought everything from Western Auto !
Gary

FergusonTO35
02-01-2022, 05:07 PM
My best friend had a bolt action single shot Revelation .410 when we were younger. It was surprisingly accurate with slugs.

jim 44-40
02-10-2022, 08:59 PM
Gwpercle,you hit it on the money 100.00 dollars got me a nice old Revelation model 310K Western Auto Supply Co. The owner said he didn't have time to clean the shotgun up then says you can have it for 100 bucks.I thanked him and his wife about 5 times before I left.Had money left over for some LongShot .Just spent 3 hours taking it apart and gave it a proper cleaning.One tiny spot in barrel with a little pitting .Will be shooting in tomorrow.

W.R.Buchanan
02-14-2022, 04:17 AM
I think the old store brand firearms like J. C. Higgins, Western Field, etc... are becoming collectable if still in original condition to some people. Lot cooler to have an old Western Auto Revelation Mossberg than new plastic stock Mossberg. Makes me sad to see people get these old store brand guns cheap, then tacticool them up with magpul stuff or do the diy camo job.

You mean like this? See pic #1This is my Montgomery Wards M500 I call the Monkeyberg. It is my "Car Gun" Paid $300 for it. Added the dreaded Magpul furniture and cut the barrel and had it bored and threaded for Choke Tubes. I also completely reworked the interior so the gun runs much smoother and it runs great now. I have the wood furniture if you'd like it,,, and it is nearly perfect.

I got this one for $160 and did basically the same things to it. see pic #2 This is my "House Gun."

Randy.