PDA

View Full Version : Near Blizzard

Johnch
01-31-2022, 05:08 PM
Shame on me I have not been looking at the weather forecast the last few days

BUT my lady ask me this morning if I was ready for the snow storm that they say will hit late Wednesday - Thursday
So I looked online at one of the local TV channel's web sites weather forecast Link to forecast (https://www.wtol.com/article/weather/forecast/toledo-weather-forecast-10-day-forecast-toledo-ohio/512-2654e9a7-57ef-4094-994d-37f59bb6fd6f)

Not to far away from me they have a forecast of 10 - 16"+
But I live in a area with a different forecast , no snow amount
But in big bold type "Near Blizzard"

So I decided to pick up my meds and anything else I might need this afternoon
For my meds I get them from Kroger
I walked a ways , as everyone else was getting stocked up also
So parking places were very few
LOL It seems a good number of people plan on riding out the storm Drunk
As Beer , Wine and other liquors seemed to be more popular than the milk I got

Oh Well maybe fewer people will get stranded on the roads

John

legend 550
01-31-2022, 05:34 PM
I seem to be right in the heart of it up along the turnpike, forecast in feet not inches. Now saying 1 to 2 feet, we'll see but I'm all stocked up gas for the generator, propane tanks and fridge full and snow machines full and ready to go ( just in case I need to deliver emergency supply to somebody) buckle up gonna be a good show.

country gent
01-31-2022, 05:48 PM
With people stocking up on the beer and wine, and being snowed in for several days the next boom in 9 months should be interesting too:D

Good Cheer
01-31-2022, 06:12 PM
Taking the cat for a walk is gonna be some kinda fun.

DougGuy
01-31-2022, 06:18 PM
I lived in Dayton Ohio for a couple of years in the 60s, and I well remember how it snowed there! Lucky me (NOT!) I had a 4am morning paper route, snow up to my butt more than once. I remember drifts of 6 and 8 FEET in our neighborhood, one year a snowstorm completely covered our front door and the little overhang.

Otoh, there was a golf course nearby and sledding was a TOTAL BLAST!! Somebody put an old car hood out there and with a foot or two of snow covering it up, it made for a hell of a nice jump.

Winger Ed.
01-31-2022, 06:26 PM
It'll come in & out pretty fast for us, but the winds may be high enough I'll need to nail down the dog.

DocSavage
01-31-2022, 09:08 PM
The 4 basic food groups for a blizzard milk,beer,bread and chips.

WRideout
01-31-2022, 11:01 PM
When I lived in TN, the adage was, if there's snow, go to the store and buy everything that's white.

Wayne

PS: Down there, a lot of snow means enough to see it.

poppy42
01-31-2022, 11:07 PM
Shame on me I have not been looking at the weather forecast the last few days

BUT my lady ask me this morning if I was ready for the snow storm that they say will hit late Wednesday - Thursday
So I looked online at one of the local TV channel's web sites weather forecast Link to forecast (https://www.wtol.com/article/weather/forecast/toledo-weather-forecast-10-day-forecast-toledo-ohio/512-2654e9a7-57ef-4094-994d-37f59bb6fd6f)

Not to far away from me they have a forecast of 10 - 16"+
But I live in a area with a different forecast , no snow amount
But in big bold type "Near Blizzard"

So I decided to pick up my meds and anything else I might need this afternoon
For my meds I get them from Kroger
I walked a ways , as everyone else was getting stocked up also
So parking places were very few
LOL It seems a good number of people plan on riding out the storm Drunk
As Beer , Wine and other liquors seemed to be more popular than the milk I got

Oh Well maybe fewer people will get stranded on the roads

John

The number 1 Commodity to have on hand in a natural disaster, is alcohol! Specifically for barter purposes! Don’t believe me? Do a little research on New Orleans after Katrina or Florida after the hurricanes of 2004! I lived in Florida during that period when four hurricanes hit within two months. I was able to trade booze for anything you could possibly imagine. Food, water, fuel, ammunition, guns, or small children, whatever! It didn’t even have to be good booze! Oh and , depending on what kind, it can be used as make shift antiseptic. Don’t get me wrong I’m not suggesting you forget about the essentials, but once they are taken care of if there’s any money left over stock up on booze. If ya got booze, ya can get anything.

MaryB
02-01-2022, 03:34 PM
I see a bad forecast I yawn and go back to bed. No need for a grocery run. I can shop my pantry for 3+++ months LOL I don't drink milk, little I need for cooking dried milk works fine... I brew my own beer...

Geezer in NH
02-01-2022, 04:13 PM
Lootie, the looter, agrees Heineken is better than NOLA water for survival. Platinum 7X Vodka also good to share with fellow refugees per reporter there on scene.

They were funny

mjwcaster
02-02-2022, 09:21 AM
Our local Walmart didn’t even have carts yesterday.
I wanted more keto bread (just discovered lewis low carb, it tastes like real bread) and my daughter needed boots for her welding class so we braved Walmart.
It’s always fun to watch. Actually wasn’t as bad as I thought and the puppy loved her new chew toy we picked up.

I’m not a big drinker, but did a booze run after getting my JD lawn tractor up and running again for snow duty last night.
Bad fuel pump and over due maintenance deserved a little celebration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

country gent
02-02-2022, 11:22 AM
Weve been getting rain for awhile, on the good side its washed away almost all the last 2 snows. But we get the sow and winds its going to get nasty. A layer of ice under the snow and plows wont be near as effective.

country gent
02-02-2022, 12:53 PM
Looks like Im going t have to put studs in my small wheel chairs drive wheels ti get around if this keeps up :bigsmyl2:

Shawlerbrook
02-02-2022, 01:21 PM
Here at 1700’ in Central NYS, we are predicting 12-18”. Got the wood rack full in the basement, the NH Boomer full of diesel and the refrigerator and pantry stocked. Let it snow ! That darn rodent said 6 more weeks of winter and I laughed as that would be an early spring around here.

owejia
02-02-2022, 01:50 PM
Weather alert for here is up to a 1/2" of ice, with some sleet and snow. That means trees on power lines and one big mess. Time to hunker down and keep the wood furnace burning.

Plate plinker
02-02-2022, 03:34 PM

Probably 6” down and still snowing. If the wind comes up the drifts will be BAD.
Should go scrape the driveway out before it turns into a real chore. Then again looks like fresh chocolate chip cookies in 20 minutes.

Johnch
02-02-2022, 09:29 PM
It rained till after 4 PM
Standing water all over , including on the roads
Now it is snowing , they say up to 1" a hour right now
First hour or 2 a lot of the snow melted into the standing water
So there will be Ice a lot of places in the morning
But the fun part , the ice will have 4-8" of snow on top
Friday I will think about MAYBE going out
But not for at least 24 more hours

John

Gator 45/70
02-02-2022, 10:18 PM
Hey men and Ladies, Good luck up there in the storms way, We in La are only in for a bit of rain.

Ford SD
02-02-2022, 10:31 PM
It rained till after 4 PM
Standing water all over , including on the roads
Now it is snowing , they say up to 1" a hour right now
First hour or 2 a lot of the snow melted into the standing water
So there will be Ice a lot of places in the morning
But the fun part , the ice will have 4-8" of snow on top
Friday I will think about MAYBE going out
But not for at least 24 more hours

John

its doing the same thing here went out side at dinner time and Shoveled the app 1 inch of heavy shushy snow off the driveway and walking area and cleaned off the car temp was 31

those that do not are going to have a layer of ice under everything ... 29deg last time I looked, have fun cleaning off the car

CastingFool
02-02-2022, 10:33 PM
We got 5" of fresh snow this morning and more to come. We had to go out of town, and when we returned, the snow was 8"-10" due to drifting. Will be spending a couple of hours clearing the driveway.

MaryB
02-03-2022, 03:02 PM
-21f last night... what is snow? Barely have any in my part of MN!