PDA

View Full Version : Deleting photos

roysha
01-28-2022, 01:03 PM
How do I delete the photos in my File Upload Manager? I used to go to User CP, misc., attachments and delete from there, at least that is how I remember. However, that doesn't seem to be working for me now. What am I doing wrong?

gmsharps
01-28-2022, 01:26 PM
Go to your inbox, scroll to the bottom of page on left hand side it shows attachments. Left click on attachments. You should be seeing all of your attachments now. On right side of screen there is a white box, click on the box for the attachment you want to delete. When finished selecting, scroll to bottom of page. On the right side click on delete selected. That should do it.

gmsharps

roysha
01-28-2022, 02:15 PM
Thank you for the response. However, that is exactly the same procedure I used in User CP and neither one is removing the photos from the File Upload Manager. Do I have to perhaps, reboot?

I'm getting a bit loaded up there and would like to make room.

gmsharps
01-28-2022, 02:53 PM
Thank you for the response. However, that is exactly the same procedure I used in User CP and neither one is removing the photos from the File Upload Manager. Do I have to perhaps, reboot?

I'm getting a bit loaded up there and would like to make room.

What happens when you are trying to delete. Is the place where you put the check no the box greyed out. Meaning it does not allow you to select files but if it does what happens when you click on delete selected files.

Minerat
01-28-2022, 02:53 PM
Try this one there are other methods mentioned in it too.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?391160-Deleting-photos-from-attachment-file

If that does not work let me know. and I'll report it to staff for more help.

Cheers,

roysha
01-28-2022, 03:24 PM
Folks. I apologize for being a pain in the patoot. I was expecting immediate deletion of the photos from the File Upload Manager but apparently it takes a while for things to happen. The photos I wanted deleted are gone. All is well.

Thank you all, once again, for your assistance. Next time I'll try to be a bit more patient. After 25 years or so, this computer stuff is still voodoo to me and always will be.