PDA

View Full Version : Lyman "Comet" part ID needed

oldhenry
01-27-2022, 09:38 PM
My 1st. press was a Lyman Comet bought in '58 (or '59). I loaded a mess of .38 specials with that thing & gave it away when I bought my 1st. 550.

Going through my reloading junk today I ran across this part that belonged to the Comet. I know it relates to the on- press priming & I seem to remember that a similar part was used by me in priming. The similar part was of blued steel sheet metal construction.

Does the part pictured have to do with priming from a tube type primer magazine?

Does anyone with a Comet need this part? If so, send me a PM & I'll send it to you @ no charge.

I also have an AA & it is not a part of the AA.

Thanks,
Henry

salpal48
02-07-2022, 08:37 PM
That part Hold the Round shaft That moves and mounts the primer post In &out . Pulling the post out Meaning to the loader catches the New Primer in the tube as an auto feed. Pushing it in / goes through the shell holder to Prime. It is an essential part to use for new primer feeding. This is the bottom Part. You are missing The top where the single screw Is. The two other screws attach to the press it self
Sal

oldhenry
02-21-2022, 06:04 PM
That part Hold the Round shaft That moves and mounts the primer post In &out . Pulling the post out Meaning to the loader catches the New Primer in the tube as an auto feed. Pushing it in / goes through the shell holder to Prime. It is an essential part to use for new primer feeding. This is the bottom Part. You are missing The top where the single screw Is. The two other screws attach to the press it self
Sal

I apologize for not responding sooner. I had checked every day for while & then figured that no one knew anything about the part.

Thanks for your response & confirming it is priming related. I never had the prier tube with my Comet: I'd feed the primers one at the time with tweezers. My Comet was a great press, but I always wished it had the RCBS type shell holders (back then we called them RCBS types). When I bought that press I was young, recently married & we had a child on the way. I always dreamed of converting the ram for the RCBS type shell holders.