PDA

View Full Version : Checking in

koehlerrk
01-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Greetings everyone, new guy here. For the record, no, I have not cast a single boolit... yet. That's a situation I hope to correct in the next few months. Too cold outside right now, been -20 the last few days. I am however in the process of acquiring the necessary equipment.

So, time to mine the posts and get a list of what I'll be needing come warmer weather.

Rick

Freightman
01-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Read/heed/enjoy! Welcome or as we say in Texas" Howdy pardner" pull up a chair and sit awhile.

jnovotny
01-18-2009, 07:43 PM
welcome to great site

AZ-Stew
01-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Welcome aboard! If you stick with it and politics don't get in the way, you're in for a lifetime of learning and spare time pleasure.

Regards,

Stew

home in oz
01-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Welcome!

This is an excellant site to learn more than you imagined about casting.

Leadforbrains
01-18-2009, 09:07 PM
I've learned everything I know so far here, and I'm still learning. Great place to hang out.
Welcome aboard!

mooman76
01-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Great site, Big welcome. I've been casting for years and still learn something new here almost every day!

crabo
01-18-2009, 11:31 PM
I'd recommend gathering wheel weights, lead, and tin while you are researching the topics. You can never have too much. Welcome!

missionary5155
01-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Greetings and WELCOME Koehlerrk !
Every thing I know was taught to me... so you are in good company. And do ask quetions. I find reading the questions and thinking again of a solution (I am NOT always right and I do read beter solutions) helps me probably as much as the asker.
I will suggest you learn to use the SEARCH feature ineach forum. You canot imagine how much all these kind castor/ shooters have helped me understand what I have been doing...
God Bless you !

Jim
01-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Welcome aboard! Don't worry about not having cast any yet. I haven't had my hands on a mold since June and they can't RUN me out of here!
Come on down to the Humor & Off Topic section 'till it warms up enough to start casting. If not me, somebody's ALWAYS startin' sump'm.:Fire:-----:(