PDA

View Full Version : 22 Hornet Brass

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
01-27-2022, 11:24 AM
Just getting into the 22 K Hornet game and was wondering what brand of brass you’ve had best results with. I plan on shooting both full power loads and cast loads that mimic 22 LR. Thanks!!

Nobade
01-27-2022, 09:12 PM
By far the best brass for the hornet is RWS. It is way more durable than any of the American made ones. It is also probably impossible to find right now. I used to get it from Huntington's, don't know if they are still around or not.

dh2
01-28-2022, 12:37 AM
I got a bag of Nosler brass from shooters pro shop a few years ago it does well and getting very good life out of it'
I did shoot a few boxes of PPU factory ammo and used that brass to get me through the learning curve of the 22 Hornet it is very easy to damage cases loading the hornet

Larry Gibson
01-28-2022, 01:20 PM
I've been using mostly R-P and W-W Hornet cases for years. Haven't noticed much difference in quality between them and any other makes. I NS btw and use an M-die even to seated jacketed bullets. Haven't scrunched a neck since I started using the M-die.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
01-28-2022, 01:30 PM
Good to know about using the M die with jacketed. Thanks everyone for the input!!

DanLee
02-01-2022, 06:14 PM
I have a quantity of Nosler .22 Hornet brass. One thing about them is the primer pocket being very tight. I had to switch from CCI to Winchester primers to get them to fit.