PDA

View Full Version : Magma case master jr

COUSIN DANIEL
01-26-2022, 01:51 PM
I am looking at purchasing a automated roll sizer for my cobray sub machine gun due to the fact my case seem to bulge at the base.

I see this offered for less than $400 and am intrigued, can anyone with experience talk about it's effectiveness and how much force is required to operate the arbor press when using lubed cases. (I have neurological issues that make task difficult)

Thanks

rancher1913
01-26-2022, 08:39 PM
i can not speak about the magma but I saved and bought a rollsizer from austrailia and its been a good investment, fill the hopper and walk away.

JimB..
01-26-2022, 10:42 PM
I haven’t used it, but from the video I’m not a fan of the length of throw required for each case. My back hurts thinking about how far I’d reach and twist to operate the punch.

I have and like a casepro
I like the look of rollsizer.com for its automation.

ReloaderFred
01-27-2022, 12:50 AM
I have a Magma Case Master Jr., and it's a real workout. It's not so bad with 9x19 cases, but 10mm and .45 acp cases take quite a bit of effort, even with lubed cases. You're sizing the entire case, including the rim, and that's a lot of sizing, even with carbide dies. If you have back or arm issues, I wouldn't recommend it.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Rfeustel
01-27-2022, 01:10 AM
Hi I don’t know your caliber. I’ve got a case pro for numerous calibers and I’m about to drop the coin for the Rollsizer for 9mm (I have their automated decapper and I’m sold on their ingenuity). If your caliber is any of the standard milspec you need to check out the rollsizer units.

jmorris
01-27-2022, 10:01 AM
The jr isn’t automated, if that’s what you are looking for. It’s pretty much what your going to get with a Lee push through sizer.

FWIW, none of the push through sizers work well on tapered cases like the 9mm, for example. The ID of the die has to allow the rim to pass through, so the best they can do is get everything to rim diameter, no less.

This is why I use casepro machines and have automated the one I use most.

That said, your machine guns will likely eat just about anything. I use the roll sizer so my machine gun fired rounds will work in tighter chambered pistols and rifles, not so I can use them again in the SMG’s, that’s unnecessary.