PDA

View Full Version : Primers in San Antonio Texas

ACC
01-25-2022, 10:09 PM
I hope this is the right place for this. Here in San Antonio, Nagel's Gun Shop has all kinds of primers. Small and large. Limit 200. $10.49 a hundred.

I did not buy any!

ACC

Jack Stanley
01-26-2022, 09:45 AM
WOW!!!! I hope that is not our future !

Jack

dverna
01-26-2022, 10:18 AM
That shop has "all kinds" for a reason.

ioon44
01-26-2022, 10:27 AM
One of my LGS's has been selling primers for $100.00 per K, and they sell out fast. I am glad I don't need to buy at these prices. (So far)

pertnear
01-26-2022, 11:09 AM
I grew up in SA. Nagel's was always the most expensive LGS to buy any sporting goods. But they always seems to have pretty much whatever you needed. Hate to see them stick-it to their customers when in need.

Jacksgrampa
01-26-2022, 11:33 AM
Let's remember these gougers. I just paid $38.00 per thousand for LRM primers at my local gun club.

HWooldridge
01-26-2022, 02:25 PM
I grew up in SA. Nagel's was always the most expensive LGS to buy any sporting goods. But they always seems to have pretty much whatever you needed. Hate to see them stick-it to their customers when in need.

I'm also from SA; like you said, Nagel's and Dury's were the mainstays for many years. The Powderhorn was good while it lasted but that really wasn't very many years.

I started going to Dury's before I could drive, when they were on Southcross - my mom would drop me off and go shopping while I sat and talked to the old men. There was a Mr. Guthrie who worked there and taught me everything I know about lever action Winchesters - he was quite a collector and had some jewels in his possession.

ACC
01-26-2022, 08:24 PM
I'm also from SA; like you said, Nagel's and Dury's were the mainstays for many years. The Powderhorn was good while it lasted but that really wasn't very many years.

I started going to Dury's before I could drive, when they were on Southcross - my mom would drop me off and go shopping while I sat and talked to the old men. There was a Mr. Guthrie who worked there and taught me everything I know about lever action Winchesters - he was quite a collector and had some jewels in his possession.

Yep my Grandfather and Uncle would do a lot of business with Dury's but since the kids took it over they are the most expensive place in San Antonio.

ACC

HWooldridge
01-26-2022, 09:54 PM
Yep my Grandfather and Uncle would do a lot of business with Dury's but since the kids took it over they are the most expensive place in San Antonio.

ACC
Yes, I went inside Dury’s a couple weeks ago to browse and they had two 1886 Winchesters on the public rack. One was listed at $15,000 and the other at $25,000; they were nice solid rifles but nothing special. I really couldn’t believe they were out where anybody could handle (and drop) them. They moved to a building just off 410 at Broadway a while back - which is probably a high rent area.