PDA

View Full Version : Is svadisile.com a scam site? Anyone deal with them?

Patrick L
01-24-2022, 12:12 PM
Hi guys, so I was doing a Google search for Ruger MK II magazines. Came across this site. Ordered three, supposedly free shipping. I got an order number, they charged my cc. This was 2 weeks ago.

I have emailed them for a shipping date or tracking #. The replies are fishy to say the least. First of all, they "can't find my order number" in their system. The ask for an MFR payment number, which 1. I have no idea what that is, 2. that number appears nowhere in my order, and 3. at this point the last thing I want to do is give them ANY numbers.

The English/grammar seems very suspect at best ( I am a teacher who deals with a lot of diverse ethnicities, it reminds me of the emails I sometimes get from parents where English is not the primary household language.)

The good news is my cc company has already told me I will not be liable for the charge, which was only about $40 anyway. And I'm not 100% sure these guys are scammers, maybe it is just a screwup. It has happened with very reputable US based companies too.

I guess I'm looking for someone who can say "Oh I've dealt with them and they were fine" Has anyone?

Dancing Bear
01-24-2022, 12:23 PM
Not sure if scam site. Apparently there's many cropping up including a "MARLIN" store.etc. I just stay with established vendors. Yes I know -" out of stock" sucks.

Handloader109
01-24-2022, 12:29 PM
$23.99 each at CDNNsports.com
And they are reputable vendor

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MaryB
01-24-2022, 03:06 PM
scam https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/svadisile-com-review/

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/svadisile.com

Patrick L
01-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the replies.

contender1
01-24-2022, 04:42 PM
Why not buy from Ruger? It may cost a few dollars more,, but you know you will be getting factory mags,, and dealing with a reputable company.

oley55
01-24-2022, 06:49 PM
an on-line vender who's physical address and phone number are not prominently published is an alert button for me.

rockrat
01-24-2022, 06:55 PM
Plus being so much cheaper than other places is a red flag to me

ShooterAZ
01-24-2022, 07:02 PM
Call your bank and put a freeze on the credit card immediately!

jonp
01-26-2022, 02:36 PM
Call your bank and put a freeze on the credit card immediately!

Exactly. Id cancel the card yesterday and get a new one. I got caught on a similar site a litle while ago. Giveaway is the wide range of products seemingly random stuff

Big Tom
01-27-2022, 01:39 PM
100% scam. Domain registration date: 2021-10-07, they sell everything in the world, the website is a mix between multiple languages, no address given, a gmail.com email address for "contact us", no checkout that protects the customer's payment and so on.