PDA

View Full Version : Leupold scope finishes

JRLesan
01-23-2022, 12:44 PM
Am looking at a Leupold 4-12 scope with a bead blasted (looking) silver (or SS) finish. I have more than a few Leupold scopes in gloss, matte, and 'silver' finishes but have never seen or heard of one with the blasted appearance. This particular one is a VXII model which makes it a more recent model post Vari-X. I do not accumulate 'less than original' anythings because of the way I am wired. This scope would be for use on a rifle; not just to look at. Anyone familiar with such a finish???

375RUGER
01-23-2022, 12:56 PM
Probably just silver matte with a new name.

david s
01-23-2022, 06:29 PM
Leupold use to offer a darker Target Gray finish to match the stainless Ruger rifles gray finish. If you're looking at a used scope it could be one of these. Leupold also use to offer different combinations of finishing thru there custom shop. But these were pretty much one offs.

obssd1958
01-23-2022, 11:52 PM
Not saying this is one of them, but there are a lot of fakes out there. This comes from Leupold's website:
"If you find a scope that is suspect, simply write down the serial number and call 1-800-LEUPOLD to ask if the scope is authentic. In most cases, we can confirm a scope’s authenticity by its serial number."
The serial number is engraved on the bottom of the turret.