PDA

View Full Version : Handloading Supply, legit or SCAMMERS?

oley55
01-22-2022, 05:32 PM
I did a random search for primers for sale and one of the first hits was: https://handloadingsupply.com/. To my amazement they appear to have most every variety of primers in stock and not at totally outrageous prices! That raised some hairs on my neck and I kept digging at their sight and business address. The listed address seems to a rural residence with two school buses parked out front in Westmoreland, Kansas. Then they say they don't have a store for shopping but purchases may be picked up but will be subjected to Texas sales taxes, and then returns must be received within 15 days of receipt in Garden City, Kansas some 150 miles west of Westmoreland. Some serious weirdness there.

Then I did a search for reviews and found a discussion where it was deemed a likely scam operation because they apparently only accept Bitcoin or similar forms of payment. I never got that deep, so can't confirm that. Just having visited their web site now makes me nervous enough, no way I was going to create an account.

Offered as a heads-up to other folks desperate to acquire primers n powder. Buyers be ware.

Wheelguns 1961
01-22-2022, 05:50 PM
According to the website scam detector, it has a rating of .6 on a scale of 1-100 with 100 being the best. Run away from this one.

Handloader109
01-22-2022, 08:11 PM
Please guys, there are NO primers available. Very little powder. Don't get taken by anyone that you are not confident being a legit company.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rockrat
01-22-2022, 09:19 PM
These scam sites are popping up all over

Sig556r
01-23-2022, 01:11 AM
Legit online sellers take CC payments, if not, swipe away. There's this guy in AK who got hard-to-find stuff in his website with reasonable prices but only takes weird gift card or bitcoin...

trails4u
01-23-2022, 01:30 AM
If it seems too good to be true.........

JSnover
01-23-2022, 07:07 AM
Components are out there, just not like they used to be. When everyone else is having trouble getting/keeping inventory, it's a red flag for me to find a place that has everything you want at a 'reasonable' price. I'd like to support small businesses but right now it's too risky.
I only buy from known reliable sources, even if that means backorder or pay more than I'd like to.

MaryB
01-23-2022, 02:11 PM
Looked up the address on Google Earth street view, looks like a crack house LOL residential neighborhood, none of the houses look all that great so low income area probably... that is a run away fast!

Baltimoreed
01-23-2022, 02:46 PM
Anyone wanting bitcoin crap or gift card numbers as payment is a scammer. They want untraceable funds sent to them over the web as they’re more than likely overseas. They need to be physically hurt.