PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service from S & W and the USPS

William Yanda
01-22-2022, 04:13 PM
Back in November I posted my experience with Smith & Wesson Customer Service and I believe I have commented elsewhere on the USPS.
Nov. 23 I was promised a manual and takedown tool from Smith & Wesson. Today it arrived, postmarked Nov. 24.
All those bad thoughts about S & W have been redirected appropriately. I wish this envelope could tell its story.
Bill

Outer Rondacker
01-22-2022, 04:17 PM
Bill sign up for mail tracking and notifications. You can see every piece of mail coming to you and you will know what is in your box hours before it shows. I love it. You can see a piece of mails or packages every move in almost real time.

Sasquatch-1
01-23-2022, 10:09 AM
Bill sign up for mail tracking and notifications. You can see every piece of mail coming to you and you will know what is in your box hours before it shows. I love it. You can see a piece of mails or packages every move in almost real time.

A little over a year ago a custom flintlock rifle was shipped to me. 2 day postage was purchased. After being notified the rifle had been dropped off at the PO and the builder sent me the tracking info I started watching the progress. For ten days all it said was in transit. Just as the builder and I were about to pursue insurance the package showed up at the PO and the next day it was delivered. The tracking software is OK but someone has to scan the packages to make the system work.

PS The package was shipped from Tenn. to WV.

Outer Rondacker
01-23-2022, 10:26 AM
True it only shows after a scan. Most hubs are automated and if the flow is smooth, you get some updates. I have had items say delivered and not show up for days in the past. Its not perfect but it works more times then less.

freakonaleash
01-23-2022, 10:27 AM
I had a package of barrels and stocks sent to me Dec.6 2021. Still "in transit". They are trying to find it now....how do you lose a 50lbs box that is 66" X 12" X4" and made of wood?

Outer Rondacker
01-23-2022, 11:08 AM
Thats just it (50) pounds. To much work to move. It could be the weight they do not want to deal with.

9 Years ago, I ordered some ar500 targets. Ended up being four 66-pound boxes. The postmaster and post office driver didn't want to lift them. After calling over and over and being told we dont know where your package are. The driver finally told me if I wanted them, I had to drive to the office and carry them out. They both no longer work for USPS.