PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Good Cheer
01-21-2022, 02:44 PM
Years ago I came to this part of castboolits, saw some bickering worse than arguing over rifling twists and left pretty quick never meaning to come back.
But I did. And there's much good here, much to consider, much to think about. So thanks.

Shawlerbrook
01-21-2022, 02:52 PM
Yes, it is one of the best corners of the web you’ll ever find.

Electrod47
01-21-2022, 03:38 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. Lurked here for years soaking up all kind of relevant working information. Self taught myself reloading and Hunting. My Dad was not inclined, Almost 4 years in the Philippine jungle left him a pretty cold dude. I loved him though, but stayed out of his way.
He came for visitors day when I was in basic training in 1966 and hardly said a word. Years later I asked him why he came. " Well I figured you were going to get killed I wanted to have one more look at you". Oh Well. In the 1970's I was into CB's and enjoyed to tales coming over my coax and listening to the city come to life every evening. Then I got into scanners in the 80's and once again listen to fire, police. Then in the mid 80's in Arizona living next to a large body of water in the desert I got into shortwave a bit and due to skip off Lake Mohave was able to pull in transmissions from the whole world. Today living way out in the country in Mississippi buried in pine trees at less than 300 ft above sea level my old gizmos don't bring in the familiar chatter I used to crave. These days there are a gazillion gun sites of every realm you can think of. Whenever long ago I would ask the google machine a question pertaining to loading etc there are all the potential sub-titles of blogs to go to. Cast Boolits ALWAYS had the answers I was looking for. So, I lurked for years and then joined. This is a comfortable place to check in with everyday and just read the chatter and get educated.