PDA

View Full Version : Model 8 and 81 stripper clips

cwtebay
01-20-2022, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure how many of you watch C&RSENAL on YouTube - but there was a fantastic episode on using printed clips from Cogburns. I got 2 as a gift and I have to brag on them a little bit!! They are all that is advertised for a whhhoooollleeeee lot less than originals.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

megasupermagnum
01-20-2022, 11:23 PM
Does it seem like they load well? I've heard of using other stripper clips besides the originals, M14, SKS, etc., but it always sounded like they they were always a bit off, and were not smooth loading. I've never tried it myself. What caliber is yours? I'm not familiar with plastic stripper clips, but I wonder how they would hold up with 35 Remington. That's seems pretty thin for plastic.

cwtebay
01-20-2022, 11:48 PM
Does it seem like they load well? I've heard of using other stripper clips besides the originals, M14, SKS, etc., but it always sounded like they they were always a bit off, and were not smooth loading. I've never tried it myself. What caliber is yours? I'm not familiar with plastic stripper clips, but I wonder how they would hold up with 35 Remington. That's seems pretty thin for plastic.I have one for both my 25 and 35 Model 8's. I haven't tried them with the others yet. I wouldn't say they are any more awkward than the originals. The only trick I've learned with any of my stripper clips is thumb placement when shoving them down, and assertiveness when I start.
Sure wish they would start a Lee Navy line....

georgerkahn
01-21-2022, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure how many of you watch C&RSENAL on YouTube - but there was a fantastic episode on using printed clips from Cogburns. I got 2 as a gift and I have to brag on them a little bit!! They are all that is advertised for a whhhoooollleeeee lot less than originals.

Thanks for info! Years back I purchased some real-McCoy stripper slips for my .30-30 Remington Model 8, and if I recall I shuddered for a bit after the fact for what I paid for them :). Any chance you might either PM me, or add to this post (for others) a link/address for "Cogburns"?
geo

cwtebay
01-21-2022, 08:55 AM
Remington Model 8 / 81 Stripper clips – Cogburn Arsenal
https://cogburnarsenal.com/product/remington-model-8-81-stripper-clips/

Freischütz
01-21-2022, 03:08 PM
Too bad that they don't fit the 300 Savage.

georgerkahn
01-21-2022, 03:39 PM
Remington Model 8 / 81 Stripper clips – Cogburn Arsenal
https://cogburnarsenal.com/product/remington-model-8-81-stripper-clips/

Thanks much for the post -- I have their URL bookmarked -- SADLY, they appear out of stock on all: "backorder" option only.
geo