PDA

View Full Version : Re: Gunsmith killed in Toronto

Red River Rick
01-20-2022, 06:11 PM
Sadly, if your a gunsmith in Canada, beware.................https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/kotanko-lawsuit-toronto-police-1.6317788

elmacgyver0
01-20-2022, 06:22 PM
and the purge begins.

badguybuster
01-20-2022, 07:30 PM
Well, we can "hope" the truth comes out.

dverna
01-20-2022, 09:06 PM
Not enough information to judge.

popper
01-20-2022, 09:20 PM
Standard no knock/no warrant process in the US.

DougGuy
01-20-2022, 10:28 PM
Shot how many times? I was sorta tongue and cheeking my through the text when this glaringly grabbed my red flag pole and shook hell out of it!

That wasn't a quick reaction to being surprised executing a search warrant, they brought their own ambulance to serve a search warrant? What the hell is going on up there? Sounds like they had a LOT more planned than just a search!

dverna
01-20-2022, 10:50 PM
Shot how many times? I was sorta tongue and cheeking my through the text when this glaringly grabbed my red flag pole and shook hell out of it!

That wasn't a quick reaction to being surprised executing a search warrant, they brought their own ambulance to serve a search warrant? What the hell is going on up there? Sounds like they had a LOT more planned than just a search!

My training was two shots...keep shooting until the threat is neutralized. We do not know if the guy shot was armed, or reaching for a weapon. And most LEO’s are pathetic shots. If the first two or three shots hit arms or legs those will not stop the threat.

megasupermagnum
01-20-2022, 11:11 PM
My training was two shots...keep shooting until the threat is neutralized. We do not know if the guy shot was armed, or reaching for a weapon. And most LEO’s are pathetic shots. If the first two or three shots hit arms or legs those will not stop the threat.

It's just sad that people get put in these positions over and over. I'm not one of those kooks who want to tie an officers hand behind their backs by banning weapons or techniques, but I can't think of any good ever coming from a no-knock warrant. Once in a while a drug dealer might get an extra minute to flush stuff, big deal. The statistics of no-knock warrants is horrendous on both sides. Normally I'd say let Canada do their own thing, but the USA does the same thing, and worse. It's not the officers fault, but they should not be put in these positions.

dverna
01-21-2022, 12:15 AM
MSM
100% agree. If I hear a bunch of guys on my porch yelling “POLICE!!!”, am I supposed to believe them? Especially if I know there no reason for the police to assault my home.

The story makes no sense. What is the suspect going to do....destroy his paperwork? Why bust in...if that is what happened.

megasupermagnum
01-21-2022, 12:23 AM
If I hear police, I'm believing them. I respect the uniform. I'll answer the door for them. I'll pull over for any cop car with lights on. I'll follow any order of an officer in uniform. No uniform, no marked car, no warning before entry... no respect from me. All 3 will result in immediate escape and 911 call. No reason or them to be at your house is not a reason. "Swatting" is as big as ever, and from what I can find, more than 10% of no-knock entries are to the wrong house anyway. It has to be rough being on a swat team. Nobody likes you to begin with, and then you have to breach buildings when you don't know what's on the other side. You can't just toss in grenades first like the military... well you can, but then you get to be the guy that threw a flash bang into a baby's crib (actual event).

GregLaROCHE
01-21-2022, 03:57 AM
I saw that when it first happened. I can’t believe that there aren’t more facts that we not aware of.

Geezer in NH
01-21-2022, 09:58 AM
Sounds like an execution raid to me.

mexicanjoe
01-21-2022, 10:25 AM
I believe the officers should have an"eye in the sky" and unmarked units following the suspect first. and then pull up as they exit the car. That Rambo-esque style of doing things has its place, of course; but then again they should not have allowed the suspect to enter a building. I give you: the Branch Davidians in Waco: the sheriff there was said to have made the statement" If I need him , Ill just call him to the courthouse."

BrassMagnet
01-21-2022, 10:35 AM
No local cops on scene until later.
Shooter won't talk to investigators.
C$20,000.00 missing from safe.
Two pistols connected to gunsmith recovered in different towns with serial numbers removed the cause for this raid.
No warrant shown to family.
No warrant until a month later.
Someone unidentified in gunsmith's shop before raid. The killer?

This does not add up to anything resembling legal. I don't believe any story they tell now will be believable. Bad times have come to Canada.

Handloader109
01-21-2022, 10:43 AM
So they shot and killed him outside the home. Unarmed I presume as no one else was shot or wounded. And you then Steal money and guns from his legal shop

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

farmbif
01-21-2022, 10:54 AM
and of course say for example the cops had wrong address for warrant and ended up at your house and shot you dead because there was a firearm near you and the gang of them were all kitted out in their military like gear and hopped up on adrenaline or maybe something more like steroids or maybe even something they came across at a previous raid. oh my how the news would have a field day displaying all your weapons and components and making you out to be a crazed gun nut that somehow was shot rightfully so. having weapons, ammo and supplies to outfit a small army. there won't be any mention your house full of IPSC or SASS or WBSF or IMSSU or other trophies.
This stuff does and has happened even though most law enforcement officers are very good people there sure as heck are some bad apples out there.

Thundarstick
01-22-2022, 08:39 AM
And the "us against them" mentality continues!

farmbif
01-22-2022, 10:02 AM
I'm just saying that in today's world you just never know what kind of things might happen and how stuff is reflected on "news" reports.

Ithaca Gunner
01-22-2022, 10:53 AM
And the "us against them" mentality continues!

And it's only gonna get worse with the likes of bidumb and piglosi running things. They've elevated themselves far above us now with fences, walls, and guards determined to kill us if we dare come near them or pose, (in their minds) a perceived threat to them, and they view any of us so bold as to have personal firearms a terroristic threat, in fact...the biggest threat to their form of government that exists.

JSnover
01-22-2022, 11:34 AM
Hopefully the 23 million dollar lawsuit moves forward. It won't change what happened but it should bring a lot of the facts to light.

fixit
01-22-2022, 08:27 PM
As I've long believed, government is an almost living organism, and as such, it's primary activities are about sustanence and survival, and if those are threatened the teeth and claws come out!