PDA

View Full Version : Star sizer guerilla mod

pcmacd
01-17-2022, 10:34 PM
This is a very crude, yet effective hack to my Original Star Lubrisizer, purchased from the dudes in San Diego probably 30 years ago.

I could cut the "L" bracket down (as shown in the photo) to make it look cleaner, but just have not found the time for such.

This "return spring" really makes a big difference in productivity.

I'm having an epic bad computer experience lately and can't seem to upload stuff to this site today.

SO, here's my DropBox account link to the photo of my Star Sizer hack:

--> https://www.dropbox.com/s/z02f4bepgpp3ycg/spring%20return%2020220117_190249.jpg?dl=0

This is just an oh, so simple hack that really makes the sizer friendlier to use.

"L" bracket

Spring

Hose clamp

misc 1/4-20 hardware.

I was at Magma Engineering today to pick up some stuff (they are somewhat local) and forgot to show Eric this hack.

Twice now.

Ho hum.

pcmacd

wv109323
01-18-2022, 04:10 PM
Is there a number and source for the spring?

Springfield
01-18-2022, 05:15 PM
Hmm. I find I can tell if a bullet lubed properly or not sometimes by the feel, and think this would negate some of that. I have Stars and lube a thousand or more bullets a week and don't feel the need for this mod. Maybe if I tried it I might change my mind.

pcmacd
01-19-2022, 01:01 PM
Is there a number and source for the spring?It came from McFadden Dale Hardware in Anaheim years ago.

It has a fairly low spring rate that does not affect the feel of the bullet going thru the die.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk