PDA

View Full Version : Bushmeat at the airport?

Cosmic_Charlie
01-16-2022, 08:06 AM
Strange news articles popping up about folks bringing "bushmeat" in their luggage. What are they up to? Are we going to have an Ebola or Marburg scare now? Strikes me as highly suspicious.......
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2022/01/15/illegal-bushmeat-confiscated-from-travelers-at-msp-airport/

Scrounge
01-16-2022, 09:34 AM
They said it was destroyed. Yeah, sure. It went in the dumpster with all the other garbage. Be interesting to see what diseases start popping up around there in the near future.

gwpercle
01-16-2022, 11:15 AM
I hope "bushmeat" is some form of beef jerky ... you keep fresh meat in your luggage very long and you start attracting flies ... [smilie=f:
Gary

JimB..
01-16-2022, 11:46 AM
Monkey jerky, yum.

Cosmic_Charlie
01-16-2022, 12:05 PM
An Ebola breakout in the Somali community?

Scrounge
01-16-2022, 12:25 PM
An Ebola breakout in the Somali community?

Perhaps more likely around the airport where the bushmeat is disposed of. Unless they do a proper job of incinerating it.

Bill

Cosmic_Charlie
01-16-2022, 01:24 PM
Struck me as a cover story. Fake news alla Jussie Smollett.....

Warning; Do not take this topic into forbidden territory.

Cosmic_Charlie
01-16-2022, 03:54 PM
Perhaps more likely around the airport where the bushmeat is disposed of. Unless they do a proper job of incinerating it.

Bill

Most likely in the people who had it in their luggage and the customs people who found it.

hoodat
01-16-2022, 04:16 PM
They're lookin for trouble if they try to confiscate my opossum fritters the next time I go to visit the folks in the hill country. jd

SciFiJim
01-16-2022, 08:20 PM
I hope "bushmeat" is some form of beef jerky ... you keep fresh meat in your luggage very long and you start attracting flies ... [smilie=f:
Gary

I have flown with frozen venison in my carry on luggage before. The TSA people in Austin were fine with it once they verified that it wasn't an explosive. I had the vac packed packages wrapped in multiple layers of newspaper and a lot of tape. They were kind enough to rewrap it and used TSA security tape to retape it.

Baltimoreed
01-16-2022, 08:24 PM
Very scary.

Winger Ed.
01-16-2022, 08:27 PM
Most likely in the people who had it in their luggage and the customs people who found it.

There was a story years ago about some customs agents at a New York airport.
People from overseas often had food with them that couldn't come in.
It was common for them to pretend they couldn't speak English, and thought that would get them a pass.

A favorite trick was for one agent to hold something up, then yell over at another agent...
He'd ask, "Hey!! Do people really eat this ****"?

---Then watch their face.

Cosmic_Charlie
01-17-2022, 12:29 AM
I had them give me a hard time over a coconut in Miami that my wife wanted to bring hpme.

Winger Ed.
01-17-2022, 12:51 AM
The only story I've got with customs inspectors was from a life long friend when he rotated back from Germany
while he was in the Air Force.

In his luggage, he had a big lump of something rolled up and packed inside a T shirt.
The inspector grabbed it, took a big sniff, and asked, "What's this"?

With a straight face, my friend told him, "That's my dirty socks and underwear".

beechbum444
01-17-2022, 02:52 AM
bush meat is found all the time in luggage from people flying in from countries where it is a cultural norm. Our customs agents stop this every day at the international airports.

Cosmic_Charlie
01-17-2022, 08:44 AM
Well, the MSM decided it was a "thing" suddenly.