PDA

View Full Version : SBH Cyl Latch Plunger

mattd
01-14-2022, 11:10 PM
I crushed my original cyl latch plunger a bit, so ordered a new one And spring.

Neither old or new fit into the hole on the frame. Is that right? Pushed against the frame, there’s no spring tension. You can see it’s sitting on the frame without me pushing it down.

DougGuy
01-14-2022, 11:21 PM
NO it should fit in the hole and press up and down. Time to call Ruger customer support they will figure it out and send you the right parts.

cwtebay
01-14-2022, 11:39 PM
Nnooooooo...
..^^^^^^^^^what dougguy says! Please

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

mattd
01-14-2022, 11:52 PM
So now what? I went around the rim of the hole w a needle file to get off any burrs. Still not going in.

Guess I can open the hole or remove some diameter from the plunger.

DougGuy
01-14-2022, 11:55 PM
So now what? I went around the rim of the hole w a needle file to get off any burrs. Still not going in.

I JUST told you how to take care of this. You have the wrong parts. When you get the right parts from Ruger, after you have called their customer support, they will simply drop right in the hole and the plunger will go up and down on the spring freely.

cwtebay
01-15-2022, 12:02 AM

Guess I can open the hole or remove some diameter from the plunger.Pretty please listen to dougguy

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Duke3026
01-20-2022, 12:54 PM

Go ahead! Let all of us know, how that custom work does for you. :bigsmyl2:

mattd
01-20-2022, 12:58 PM
it actually worked out great. i chucked the plunger up in my drill and used sand paper to reduce the diameter. figured the worst i could do is ruing a $7 part.

didn't take much, but now it moves up and down freely and timing is spot on.