PDA

View Full Version : Made n old favorite tonight. A mess

country gent
01-10-2022, 06:30 PM
Tonights supper was an old favorite here. More simple cooking.

I diced up a medium sized russet potato in to small pieces ( any size works but the smaller dices cook faster) About 3/8"cubes tonight
A slice of red onion ( I use red for a milder flavor and like the color addition)
a 12 tick of echrich sausage sliced about 1/8- 3/16 thick you can then cut the rounds in half if desired
a small pat of butter
season to taste
It can be cooked 2 ways both are good
tonight a got 3-4" of water boiling in a sauce pan added everything above and cooked until potatoes were done. Time varies with size of the potato dices
Cover with Cheadder and mozzarella cheese allow to melt

It can also be done in a cast iron skillet add butter about 1/2 cup water More for a bigger batch the above ingredients and cook evaporating water ths cooks the potatoes and onins faster to start then cook to browned to suit. Add sharp cheadder cheese mozzarella cheese to top and melt in. This way leaves a real mess in the frying pan LOL

Ketchup salsa or other condiments are good on it.

Its also easy to stretch just adding more potatoes.

Have also added diced bell pepper to it

XDROB
01-10-2022, 06:57 PM
That's sounds good. Will have to try it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

01-10-2022, 07:13 PM
That does sound good :). Had corn bread & chili (venison) tonight.

lightman
01-10-2022, 08:02 PM
Yum, that sounds good!

Finster101
01-10-2022, 08:09 PM
Seems that would be really good rolled into a burrito.

Brokenbear
01-11-2022, 12:38 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Weston-Products-36-3301-W-French-Cutter/dp/B00FPQQQNO/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=potato+dicer+cuber&qid=1641875362&sr=8-2

Best machine I ever owned ..can do french fries but I make cubed potatoes ..I don't even peal the potatoes ..this machine has a knife slot where you do the cubing ..you just squeeze out potato n cut making cubes ..then run thru my sweet peppers ..and my onion and fry the whole shebang in some bacon drippings ..put it in the fridge and then use as needed adding sausages, pulled pork or a breakfast hash browns ..Yummy!!

Bear

Ithaca Gunner
01-11-2022, 10:21 AM
Similar to what we call a, ''wreck'' home fries with onion, bacon, and scrambled eggs all mixed together.

My favorite is something of my own making, a mound of home fries drenched with Southern sausage gravy, (or chipped beef gravy) two eggs over easy, on top, and a few dashes of hot sauce.

I'd eat either of those for any meal of the day!

sundog
01-11-2022, 11:14 AM
We're having one of our favorites tonight - Hot Hamburger

Generous grilled burger of ground beef, beef and jimmy dean sausage, venison; whatever you like best.
Cover with fries and drench with piping hot brown gravy left over from Sunday's pot roast.
Serve with side salad.

Murphy's Steakhouse in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, is famous for this (as well as their outstanding steaks).

Ithaca Gunner
01-11-2022, 12:04 PM
We're having one of our favorites tonight - Hot Hamburger

Generous grilled burger of ground beef, beef and jimmy dean sausage, venison; whatever you like best.
Cover with fries and drench with piping hot brown gravy left over from Sunday's pot roast.
Serve with side salad.

Murphy's Steakhouse in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, is famous for this (as well as their outstanding steaks).

That sounds great! Good timing too, I was just about to set 3lb. of prime burger out to warm a bit.

country gent
01-11-2022, 02:31 PM
I do a similar with steak fries
Deep fry the steak fries crispy and layer of meat, hamburger bacon sausage fried together and drained. Keep layering till theres enough to go around. put in oven to watm and melt cheese in. I sometime add mushrooms to the meat when cooking

Geezer in NH
01-11-2022, 05:40 PM
Sounds like Hash to me.

ulav8r
01-12-2022, 12:05 AM
My wife slices the sausage and lightly browns it in an iron skillet to get a little grease in the pan, then adds the potatoes and lots of onion. By the time the potatoes are done, the onions are well done. Delicious.