PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Handle Pin

Bnt55
01-09-2022, 09:28 AM
I bought an RCBS mold with no handles, ordered some Lee handles and now I need to put the two together. The RCBS mold has a smooth hole to slide a pin in but no set screw. Is this meant to use a roll pin? I was thinking about using a brass rod and peening the end so it stays in the hole

masscaster
01-09-2022, 11:40 AM
Get some handle screws from RCBS. You can Google their site.

AZ Pete
01-09-2022, 12:00 PM
I bought an RCBS mold with no handles, ordered some Lee handles and now I need to put the two together. The RCBS mold has a smooth hole to slide a pin in but no set screw. Is this meant to use a roll pin? I was thinking about using a brass rod and peening the end so it stays in the hole

older RCBS molds had a one piece pin, threaded at the top end. Later they changed to two piece, a smooth pin that goes i to the hole, held in place by a set screw. The pin is a loose fit.

Alstep
01-10-2022, 08:14 PM
What ever you do, DON'T use a roll pin! You'll never get it out. Call RCBS customer service and get the right pin & screw. Doubt they will even charge you. Best customer service out there.

gunther
01-10-2022, 09:20 PM
Your local hardware will have the right set screw, and a drill bit that is a slip fit into the hole will do. Use the shank of an old drill bit and cut the fluted part off with a dremel tool cut off wheel.

Good Cheer
01-11-2022, 08:26 AM
And when you use nails with the heads cut off then the pointy ends of the nails help you achieve alignment with small holes in the handles.