PDA

View Full Version : email notifications not bringing up threads

Sasquatch-1
01-08-2022, 08:26 AM

I have been a member here for many years. Just recently I have run into a problem with the link in email notification for the muzzle loading sub forum only. (This does not happen to any other threads I am subscribed to.) I click on the link and when it takes me to the forum and gives me the above page.

Is there something I need to do or is this a problem with the forum? Other threads I am subscribed to are fine.

No_1
01-08-2022, 08:32 AM
What thread were you trying to access - what thread was the notification about?

Sasquatch-1
01-08-2022, 09:15 AM
What thread were you trying to access - what thread was the notification about?

They were both in the muzzle loading forum. "Muzzle loading newbie" and "Stepped in it now", I believe were the two. Everything from other subforums link properly

HATCH
01-08-2022, 09:53 AM
It may be that the thread was deleted or moved and you are unable to view it.
I run into this in the staff section when we merge threads together (report and infraction).

Sasquatch-1
01-09-2022, 09:19 AM
I am still getting the email notifications with the links. Got one this morning for "Stepped in it now" thread that brought up the same message as attached earlier.

I got a notification on "how are gun flints made" this morning that linked fine. I believe that was in the muzzle loading section.

So far it is just two threads that have been doing this. This is not earth shattering but just a mere inconvenience and I thought it was worth notifying you about.

HATCH
01-09-2022, 09:35 AM
I looked up the "stepped in it now" thread and its still there so I am unsure why the link is bad.
I only get email notifications on PMs and on staff posts in the staff section.
I do get notifications in my Tapatalk on my subscribed threads.

Sasquatch-1
01-09-2022, 10:03 AM
I just Tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing to see if that works.

Don't worry too much about it. If I have any other problems I will let you know. Thanks for the assistance.