PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Friday, January 07

Pine Baron
01-07-2022, 07:13 AM
Good morning all. Being a dog guy, today's message gave me a good perspective to obedience to God and His word. Have a safe and blessed day.

Obedience Training

January 7, 2022 - Dr. David Jeremiah

But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.
Romans 6:17

The police department of Casper, Wyoming, has an Animal Protection Unit that offers dog obedience classes to the public. The head of the program said, “The animal’s quality of life… increases when the relationship between the animal and owner is strengthened through obedience training.” If you have a dog, you know the truth of that. An undisciplined dog is a danger to himself and others.

If dogs can enjoy a better quality of life by learning to obey, how much more should we learn to obey our Lord in all things—large and small. Obedience may be more difficult for some people than others, but even the most stubborn learners become serious about obeying when they realize that following God is the best and only way to live—for now, and for eternity.

Is there an area of your life in need of discipline and obedience? When you bring that area under the control of the Holy Spirit, your quality of life will increase!

Christians often perceive obedience to God as some test designed just to see if we’re really committed to him. But what if it’s designed as God’s way of giving us what’s best for us?
Craig Groeschel

augercreek
01-07-2022, 08:21 AM
A loud amen to that !!!

Loudenboomer
01-07-2022, 09:02 AM
Good analogy Brother!

USMC87
01-07-2022, 10:08 AM
Amen, A great truth to start the day!

dverna
01-07-2022, 10:26 AM
A great message!!

buckwheatpaul
01-07-2022, 10:36 AM
What as outstanding post and a Bible Study lesson all in one.....thank you!

GhostHawk
01-07-2022, 11:17 AM
Amen!

I had recently asked the Lord if it would be allowed for my Wife and I to travel this winter.
Previous orders were to stay home and stay safe.

Much to my surprise, the answer came back "If you feel you want or need to do so, go ahead"

Well after thinking about it for a week, judging all the factors in play. Our health, covid, etc. I decided descretion was the better option. We are sitting tight.

Two days ago my wife got a call from our daughter, currently living near Jacksonville NC. Seems she had a job offer as a traveling nurse. She would make 2k$ a week plus per dium. And her first 2 months will be here in Fargo.

Seems to me we are being rewarded for choosing the safer path. This will be good for my Daughter, my wife. And is a lot less work than moving a 20 foot travel trailer around with all that is involved in setting up and taking down.

Praise the Lord for he is good! His mercy endureth forever. Truly he loves us, wants what is best for us.

square butte
01-07-2022, 11:57 AM
I have been amazed at how obedience seems to be rewarded with understanding and blessings