PDA

View Full Version : pnut butter cookie recipe request

shootinfox2
12-31-2021, 03:16 PM
Anyone have a tried and true recipe for peanut butter cookies. I know googlw has some, bit I am looking for a proven recipe. Thanks in advance.

Fox

warren5421
01-01-2022, 01:49 PM
Chocolate Rice Crispy Cookies

½ c. sugar
½ c. Karo syrup
¾ c. peanut butter
3 c. rice krispies
½ c. chocolate chips
1 small pkg. butterscotch chips

Place sugar & karo in a pan and bring to a boil. Add peanut butter and stir until melted. Add cereal and mix well. Press into buttered pan. Melt chips and spread over top. Cool and cut.

Inside-Out Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches

1 ¼ c. flour
½ tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. Salt
¾ c. butter, softened
2/3 c. peanut butter
½ c. sugar
½ c. brown sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 egg
10 oz. Pkg. Tollhouse Holiday shapes & morsels, divided

Filling & Topping

16 oz. Container vanilla frosting
¼ c. peanut butter

Mix together and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350º. Combine flour, baking soda & salt in small bowl. Beat butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, & vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 c. morsels & shapes. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Press down slightly. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Spread filling on bottom side of one cookie. Place bottom side of a second cookie over frosting creating a cookie

Dark Helmet
01-04-2022, 10:54 PM
Just mix it with sugar. form a cookie shape and bake. Viola'

Misery-Whip
01-05-2022, 04:38 AM
1 egg, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup peanut butter.

I usually double it. Not bad results with jif, but I pefer a butter with more peanut oil. Ive also added a few Tbs of whole milk to the mix to give a more creamy flavor.

Like em crispy? add another egg.

Bake at 325 for 8-12 min. Make em big they dont rise....

gwpercle
01-06-2022, 03:14 PM
My daughter's tried and true Peanut Butter Cookie recipe .

Shes a great baker , I'm not , and a P-nut butter freak from childhood .
Try this one

Classic Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temp.
1 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs , room temp.
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup creamy peanut butter ( Jif creamy is my favorite)
1 cup a-p flour , spoon & leveled in measure
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar for rolling - optional

Instructions:
1. Using a hand mixer , cream the softened butter and both sugars together on med. speed untill until smooth . Add the eggs and mix on high untill combined , about 1 minute . Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla extract and peanut butter and mix on high until combined. Set aside
2. In a separate bowl , toss the flour , baking soda , baking powder and salt together with a fork. Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined . Dough will be thick , yet very sticky. Cover dough in bowl tightly and chill for at least 3 hours (and up to 2 days) in the refrigerator .
( Good for mixing the night before you want to bake a batch the next day !)
3. When ready to bake - preheat oven to 350 degrees . Roll balls of dough ( about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of dough per ball) and roll ball in granulated sugar , place balls 2 inches apart on a baking sheet ( I use parchment paper - no stick and measured grid on it ) . Slightly flatten the ball with the backside of a fork to give the top a criss-cross pattern .
4. Bake for 11 (eleven) minutes or untill very lightly browned on the sides . The centers will appear very soft and undone ...BUT remove from the oven and let them cool on the hot baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool , the cookies will continue to set/cook on the baking sheet during this time ... Do Not Over Bake them !

makes a good two dozen cookies .

I hope this recipe is one you are looking for ... the others posted didn't seem right ... Rice Crispies , no flour , inside - out ??
I know these are good ... I hate to see someone not have proper P-Nut Butter cookies .
Gary

popper
01-06-2022, 03:34 PM
I do know she uses butter and peanut butter but a double batch don't last more than a day around here. If GKs are here, just a few hours. Yup, she's a baker - relatives worked at famous Magnolia bakery when it was good.

Ford SD
01-06-2022, 11:05 PM
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1/2 cup Soft Butter
1/2 cup peanut butter 1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
If dry add water or if soft add flour

My mothers Recipy ... Not sure of temp 350 time???

Spoon them out of the bowl in the size you want,
push down with a fork/ turn 90 press down again for a pattern on top

dale2242
01-07-2022, 07:59 AM
Ya gotta love peanut butter cookies.

JimB..
01-07-2022, 09:06 AM
My daughter's tried and true Peanut Butter Cookie recipe .

Shes a great baker , I'm not , and a P-nut butter freak from childhood .
Try this one

Classic Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temp.
1 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs , room temp.
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup creamy peanut butter ( Jif creamy is my favorite)
1 cup a-p flour , spoon & leveled in measure
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar for rolling - optional

Instructions:
1. Using a hand mixer , cream the softened butter and both sugars together on med. speed untill until smooth . Add the eggs and mix on high untill combined , about 1 minute . Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla extract and peanut butter and mix on high until combined. Set aside
2. In a separate bowl , toss the flour , baking soda , baking powder and salt together with a fork. Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined . Dough will be thick , yet very sticky. Cover dough in bowl tightly and chill for at least 3 hours (and up to 2 days) in the refrigerator .
( Good for mixing the night before you want to bake a batch the next day !)
3. When ready to bake - preheat oven to 350 degrees . Roll balls of dough ( about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of dough per ball) and roll ball in granulated sugar , place balls 2 inches apart on a baking sheet ( I use parchment paper - no stick and measured grid on it ) . Slightly flatten the ball with the backside of a fork to give the top a criss-cross pattern .
4. Bake for 11 (eleven) minutes or untill very lightly browned on the sides . The centers will appear very soft and undone ...BUT remove from the oven and let them cool on the hot baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool , the cookies will continue to set/cook on the baking sheet during this time ... Do Not Over Bake them !

makes a good two dozen cookies .

I hope this recipe is one you are looking for ... the others posted didn't seem right ... Rice Crispies , no flour , inside - out ??
I know these are good ... I hate to see someone not have proper P-Nut Butter cookies .
Gary

This is a winner for sure, but you gotta use crunchy peanut butter!

shootinfox2
01-08-2022, 05:25 PM
Thanks all. Will be trying it today.

Tried it GW. Perfect. Xactly what I was looking for.

gwpercle
01-13-2022, 12:45 PM
Thanks all. Will be trying it today.

Tried it GW. Perfect. Xactly what I was looking for.

Awesome .... :drinks:
Gary

warren5421
02-07-2022, 10:41 PM
PEANUT Butter cookies

2 cups (real) Brown Sugar
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Shorting/Butter
2 eggs
2 ¼ cups Flour
1/2 tsp salt

Cream peanut butter and shorting/butter
Add eggs and mix well
Add dry ingredients to creamed mix. Mix well!
Roll dough into small balls & flatten with fork dipped into sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375degrees about 8-10 minutes.
Place on wire rack with parchment or brown paper sack coving wire rack.
Once cool place in large covered bowl or cookie jar.