PDA

View Full Version : Some pan lubing.

Cosmic_Charlie
12-30-2021, 05:20 PM
These shallow silicone baking dishes work nice. I heat them on low right on the stove top. This lube recipe is from Warf with some mods; 50% beeswax, 45% olive oil and 5% anhydrous lanolin. Stayed in the grooves well when I pulled them out.293831

NOTE; This lube recipie is for black powder loads though it may work for mid range revolver loading with smokeless..

smithnframe
12-30-2021, 05:42 PM
Cool!

Cosmic_Charlie
12-30-2021, 05:54 PM
You need to pull the boolits when the cake is still a bit warm. I batched it all in a boiling water bath using the graduations on the pyrex beaker.

indian joe
12-30-2021, 07:09 PM
It must be livin on the bottom side of the earth does it .
I tried that pull em out caper a couple times - total fail !
Not that it mattered, I use a cookie cutter with a tee handle and its a flow through job,
a couple thou bigger than the unsized boolits and a little flare on the mouth.
that thing squeezes the lube into the grooves as it cuts and they pop out the top one after the other ready to to go
I use a heat gun - put the next batch back in the old holes and remelt with the heat gun - quick as a flash and no burning of lube.

Cosmic_Charlie
12-30-2021, 07:32 PM
Sounds like you got a good system Joe.

John Boy
12-30-2021, 08:38 PM
I don’t pull the bullets when the lube is warm for trays of 50 and 100
* Put the tray in the freezer and when lube is not adhered to sides of tray …
* place a piece siding foam on bench and release the tray of bullets to the foam …nose upwith the lube almost hard
*. Push bullets out with a piece of leather on my thumb

Cosmic_Charlie
12-30-2021, 09:56 PM
So Joe, I take it you did not order your cookie cutter from Brownell's.

indian joe
12-31-2021, 04:52 AM
So Joe, I take it you did not order your cookie cutter from Brownell's.

nope -- I'm cheap - make all that kind of stuff - I do have one 44 cal I bought years ago (Lee)
I use a fired case most times - neck expand it a few thou oversize - flare the end - cut the base off and fit it into a piece of broom handle (dowell) with a hole drilled through (bottleneck cases are the best - gives more clearance at the base end - flow through system is good - quick .

Cosmic_Charlie
12-31-2021, 08:10 AM
TY Joe