PDA

View Full Version : Load data sheets

dale2242
12-30-2021, 07:25 AM
OK, after all these years I am finally going to try to organize my load data in one place.
After reading the thread about losing your data electronically I have decided to do it with hard copy.
I know there must be a lot of different load data sheets available out there.
I want the cartridge name on the header and places for multiple loads below.
Which data sheet do you use?

Larry Gibson
12-30-2021, 11:40 AM
I made my own back in the early '70s. I easily adapt it to the firearm and/or cartridge it is used for by striking through a column header and writing what I want that to be.

rkrcpa
12-30-2021, 11:47 AM
I made my own back in the early '70s. I easily adapt it to the firearm and/or cartridge it is used for by striking through a column header and writing what I want that to be.

I did the same using Excel. I have a template that I can modify for each different caliber and firearm. I print them and keep them in a three ring binder.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-30-2021, 11:50 AM
I use a blank notebook.
I leave the first couple pages empty to create a index as I go.
It is essentially a chronological log book.
I use an entire page for each batch of ammo and assign it a lot number. Info logged is: Date, caliber, quantity, boolit info, powder info, primer info, case info, Die setup info, and if it's a new load workup, I include where I sourced the begining data-there is usually more than one source...and any other info I think is necessary.

I also do this for my casting. I assign each batch of boolits a lot number also.

waksupi
12-30-2021, 11:58 AM
Cast Boolits used to have handy pocket sized booklets available. No idea if they still are, I have one for each rifle.

gumbo333
12-30-2021, 01:15 PM
I use a 3 ring binder with notebook paper and a #2 pencil. Just like I did in high school in 1960.

EOChief66
01-01-2022, 05:15 PM
A friend just sent this to me.

bangerjim
01-01-2022, 05:53 PM
I copy and print all the load data sheets from books many magazines, internet for the many sizes, weights, shapes and calibers I load for the many powders I use.

I then compile them in a big 3" thick 3 ring binder (I call it "Banger's Boolit Bible") and I have a huge PERAMENT record of my load data, complete with scribble notes on the margins and custom-built sheets in Excel.....a perfect to have all at my fingertips.

I also keep an extensive log of all the many alloys I have by colored paint on the ends of the trapezoidal ingots with complete notes on derived X-ray composition of every alloy in my stores.

I definitely do NOT rely on digital formats for loading records!!!!!!!!!!!

A great source for my hobby that is constantly morphing and evolving into my loading records.