PDA

View Full Version : It is important ...

Airborne Falcon
12-29-2021, 11:57 PM
... that I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and happy New Year. And while I mainly lurk ... I do lurk. 1000s of us do without posting much.

Thank you for this fine forum. It is much appreciated.

Keep casting those boolits y'all! Reloading is an important skill and craft in today's world and, if we are not careful, it is one that could easily be a lost art in the future.

How inhumane would that be.

For humanity's sake, for the sake of the children and many future generations ... teach the art of handloading. This forum is the mecca. Absorb that fact and take it seriously.

No_1
12-30-2021, 03:11 AM
Glad you like it!

gwpercle
12-30-2021, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words .
I joined this site hoping to pass along some of the casting info. I've learned in the last 50+ years .
Before joining I was getting a bit disillusioned ... not one single person I talked with was interested in learning how to cast and reload . They wanted me to do it for them ... but no interest in learning .
The most oftened used excuse ... I don't have the time ... which is not only a lame excuse but bogus ... I ran my own business , raised two children , with Scouting and Junior Deputy and soccer , softball and basketball coaching , practice and games ...and the zillion other things children have you doing ... Too Busy doesn't wash ! I don't know if people realize it but a President can sign an Executive Order and your right to buy a boolit mould and reload ammunition will be gone .
A big deal is being made of Gun Violence ... call it a Pandemic and National Emergency and our right to reload could be history . Reloading = ammunition !
If people don't buy what they need now and learn how to do it ... tomorrow Uncle Joe could and would sign that order .
Gary

1I-Jack
12-31-2021, 01:54 PM
As a fellow "lurker"...+1 to everything Airborne said. I've learned so much from reading this forum and appreciate the wealth of knowledge that is being passed on.

May God bless all of you in the coming year.

dverna
12-31-2021, 01:57 PM
No need to lurk. We can all learn from each other.

TyGuy
12-31-2021, 02:49 PM
I certainly understand lurking. I often feel I don’t know enough to offer a meaningful contribution to the topics at hand but don’t want to be shamed for asking the same questions so many new comers have already asked while trying to learn. So instead you search as many related topics as you can find, quietly glean as much information regarding the topic you are trying to learn about in hopes that you can apply at least some of it to your routine.

I have found that there is limited interest in the topics and odd calibers that I enjoy and the more common ones are almost polarizing due to everyone having their own way of doing things. This is to be expected as the hobby tends to be very personal when it comes to what methods and components work well with each individual firearm and equipment setup. It can be intimidating for a new caster/loader reading these threads giving so much information leading multiple different directions.

I try to just reply to topics when something piques my interest. It may not add any value to the thread but sometimes I can learn from the replies and apply that to my own technique. There is an ocean of information and experience here and it’s impossible to drink it all in.

I echo Airborne’s appreciation for this site. This place is a gold mine.

No_1
01-04-2022, 01:39 PM
I certainly understand lurking. I often feel I don’t know enough to offer a meaningful contribution to the topics at hand but don’t want to be shamed for asking the same questions so many new comers have already asked while trying to learn. So instead you search as many related topics as you can find, quietly glean as much information regarding the topic you are trying to learn about in hopes that you can apply at least some of it to your routine.

I have found that there is limited interest in the topics and odd calibers that I enjoy and the more common ones are almost polarizing due to everyone having their own way of doing things. This is to be expected as the hobby tends to be very personal when it comes to what methods and components work well with each individual firearm and equipment setup. It can be intimidating for a new caster/loader reading these threads giving so much information leading multiple different directions.

I try to just reply to topics when something piques my interest. It may not add any value to the thread but sometimes I can learn from the replies and apply that to my own technique. There is an ocean of information and experience here and it’s impossible to drink it all in.

I echo Airborne’s appreciation for this site. This place is a gold mine.

I too enjoy the odd calibers which is one of the reasons casting, case (re)forming, and reloading is important.

Rob