PDA

View Full Version : Something very disappointing

augercreek
12-28-2021, 07:45 AM
A young lady from our church is attending St. Olaf college and one of her professors is claiming that there is no such a thing as a miracle! I know this sort of teaching is happening all over in our universities. I would like prayer for Katie that her belief in Bible and her faith will not waiver what so ever. Thanks

Pine Baron
12-28-2021, 08:27 AM
Prayers of strength and God's blessings for Katie as she faces the forces not of this world.
As David wrote, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me” (Psalm 23:4 NKJV)

Wayne Smith
12-28-2021, 09:10 AM
I've heard that preached in a Church! It may challenge her thinking, which College should, but should not bother her faith if it is grounded.

GhostHawk
12-28-2021, 10:31 AM
BS, Miracles happen as needed for worthy people. I know, I am a walking talking miracle myself.

I graduated High School at about the 4' mark. Today I am 5'8", 175 lbs and happily married for coming up on 26 years.

Miracles EXIST!

Wag
12-28-2021, 10:47 AM
As many of you know, I consider myself an atheist but I believe in miracles. I've seen a great many miracles in my life. Of course, saying that requires a definition which, to me, means that something happens that we simply don't understand. What you believe after that is up to you. Either believe that god performed the miracle for you or believe that there is some underlying factor that you don't know about. Either is fine.

As for young Katie, hopefully she learns that belief is something that cannot be assailed by the disbelief of another. If she has faith, she will not fear. That professor is completely out of line and she has no need to fear him!

--Wag--

USMC87
12-28-2021, 10:55 AM
Prayers for Katie!

Winger Ed.
12-28-2021, 11:28 AM
People believe what they do. I don't agree with many of them, but it's decisions they get to make.
When I read this I was reminded of a tombstone that read,
'Here lies John Doe, an atheist. All dressed up with nowhere to go'.

About the best you can do is help Katie develop a good BS detector so she can make good decisions herself.

WRideout
12-29-2021, 09:25 PM
A miracle doesn't have to be without known cause. God is not limited in the ways that He chooses to work. I am praying for Katie to develop mature discernment.

Wayne

hoodat
12-29-2021, 11:50 PM
I feel sorry for the folks who won't admit to ever seeing or experiencing a miracle. What a bleak and dismal outlook they must have of this world and life in general.

I find it hard to believe that even folks without faith in the Lord might coast through life and not witness miracles. jd

Newboy
12-30-2021, 07:52 AM
BS, Miracles happen as needed for worthy people. I know, I am a walking talking miracle myself.

I graduated High School at about the 4' mark. Today I am 5'8", 175 lbs and happily married for coming up on 26 years.

Miracles EXIST!

Where are these "worthy people" you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wayne Smith
12-30-2021, 08:28 AM
When I was in college one of my theology professors defined a miracle as serendipitous - it is not the process that makes it a miracle, it is the exquisite timing that does. I think he has a point.

Combatmedic63
12-31-2021, 07:11 AM
Katie, praying that the Holy Spirit strengthens you and gives you the wisdom to deal with this situation.

augercreek
01-01-2022, 06:43 AM
Thanks for all you prayer warriors.

Wayne Smith
01-02-2022, 08:23 AM
YUP! God said 'let there be light' and the big bang happened - nothing but light according to the physicists.

WRideout
01-02-2022, 12:41 PM
When I was in college, my biology professor described the origin of life for the class. It was based on water, earth, and light coming together to form protoplasm. This doesn't seem too far off from the description in Genesis.

Wayne

wv109323
01-02-2022, 03:48 PM
Is this professor claiming no miracles ever happened or no miracles are happening today?
Christ used miracles so that people would believe in Him as the Saviour. Even the Pharisees did not doubt the miracles Christ preformed. They said He did the miracles through the power of Belzebub(sp.).
To not beleive in miracles is to not believe the Bible. So sad.

405grain
01-02-2022, 04:05 PM
I work at two different Universities. I consider many of the professors at those campuses to be miracle workers. If you can get a decent days work out of them it's a miracle!