PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Identify These Moulds

docbrown
12-26-2021, 12:51 AM
I wound up with these moulds. Hoping the CB brain trust knows what these are. Who makes them? Anywhere to get additional handles?

smithnframe
12-26-2021, 07:31 AM
Post pics of the inside of the molds please!

Dusty Bannister
12-26-2021, 11:49 AM
Look to be home crafted. Is this four different molds? Are handles attached by bolts in the end of the mold block or is there a slot for handles? Any idea where the molds were when you got them?

docbrown
12-26-2021, 02:55 PM
Post pics of the inside of the molds please!

Inside pics posted.

docbrown
12-26-2021, 03:02 PM
Look to be home crafted. Is this four different molds? Are handles attached by bolts in the end of the mold block or is there a slot for handles? Any idea where the molds were when you got them?

It's actually 3 different moulds. They are hinged at the top. One (the one with the handles) closes properly. The other two appear to have an issue with the hinges. They mate up with the hinge unscrewed, but will not with the hinge attached. The handles slide into a hole on the mold and are secured by set screws. I have never seen moulds that hinge at the top like these do (but I am no expert!), and with the way two of them are "sprung", I think I see why.:shock:

All three look to be .355 - .357. with a spot for a gas check. They may well be custom/home made. I got the molds in part of an estate sale. One of those deals where I wanted some of the items they had, but it was all or nothing. I am just now getting to go through and see what I have that I have not already identified a need for. Never know - I may have something here that I needed, but just didn't know it yet!