PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Get For Christmas?

jonp
12-25-2021, 05:46 PM
Got the better half a few things as we are past the gift everything stage.

I got some gourmet black licorice, yum, a rechargeable OLight that is 1,000 lumens and plugs into a usb port to use in the semi and a plasma cutter. AC/DC 50 amp for small stuff.

First Christmas we remember no gun stuff exchanged.

sparky45
12-25-2021, 05:55 PM
I got to live one more year with my wife of 51 years who has advanced Parkinson Disease. Always on the Deans Honor Roll in College and far smarter than me, now she can't remember what day of the week it is. God's will is sometimes less than something to be happy about.

StuBach
12-25-2021, 06:10 PM
Loving wife got me a dewalt thickness planer while my kids (really wife since kids are 3 and 5) got me a Eye Candy pigment assortment set to make colored resin blanks. Should make for days of enjoyment in the future when the kids give me time to actually use them [emoji1787].

dverna
12-25-2021, 06:22 PM
I hate the gifting part....nor what this season is about for me.

I got a fruit cake...which I actually like, unlike many folks.

I got my fiancé a gold cross, which she complained about...chain too fragile??? Anyway, now I have to return it and start the process anew...grrr.

wch
12-25-2021, 06:29 PM
May God bless you both.

country gent
12-25-2021, 06:32 PM
I splurged, Went to the bank earlier this month and paid the house and property off. No more payments now. As far as actual gift I got a 5 x 7 tilting table for on the mill, drill press and surface grinder, and a 8 ounce dead blow mallet again for use on the machines.

Hmm maybe a new loan for a real Holland and Holland double rifle

jonp
12-25-2021, 06:34 PM
I splurged, Went to the bank earlier this month and paid the house and property off. No more payments now. As far as actual gift I got a 5 x 7 tilting table for on the mill, drill press and surface grinder, and a 8 ounce dead blow mallet again for use on the machines.

Hmm maybe a new loan for a real Holland and Holland double rifle

Congrats on the house and that makes two of us with that gorilla off our shoulders this year. So, you used the equity in your house to buy that Holland, right?

jonp
12-25-2021, 06:37 PM
I got to live one more year with my wife of 51 years who has advanced Parkinson Disease. Always on the Deans Honor Roll in College and far smarter than me, now she can't remember what day of the week it is. God's will is sometimes less than something to be happy about.

God's will is something we don't know or can fathom. I've been there as a past post can tell you. Lost several members of my family in a few years. Mother, 2 nephews, sisters and sister in law. Sorry for what you are going through but I will pray for your strength.

gunseller
12-25-2021, 06:42 PM

Enjoy her. I lost my wife of 43 years 5 days after Christmas last year. She had spent 9 months out of the year Iin a stemcell transplant unit. Seen the bill the insurance paid. $1380000. Hold her close.
Steve

2A-Jay
12-25-2021, 06:57 PM
I got a new 24 foot Flagpole to fly US Flag from (old pole Aluminum) has been repaired too many times.

Tazman1602
12-25-2021, 06:59 PM
I got my entire family over, woke up next to my beautiful wife of 40 years, got to see the wonder and smiles from my 8 year old grandson and a REALLY great meal. We also gave the gift of food to an elderly shut in we know — he was ecstatic about my wife’s cooking….as am I.

I don’t need anything but the above to be perfectly happy!

Art

Handloader109
12-25-2021, 07:25 PM
Got a couple of pliers from my daughter, an ultrasonic cleaner, a book from my lovely wife of almost 41 years ( 30th of this month if we both make it that long). Nothing spectacular as we both want for little except for health. Amazing to think that we are fast approaching the length of my parent's marriage. Dad died just before their 47th.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bad Ass Wallace
12-25-2021, 10:35 PM
Got a big hug from my wife of 47 years!

Hugs are the best Christmas present,
They are free, sincere, one size fits all and returns are welcome!

CLAYPOOL
12-25-2021, 10:57 PM
Neighbor stopped and backed up late this afternoon. Wanted to know if I would buy his .17 Remington - Remington 700. Some mixed brass, Redfield Revenge Scope, ( Muzzle Loader) ooppps, and the rifle. It has some spots the blue is off, but as a rule not too bad a shape.
Some loaded rounds. Non Reloaders. Shells to be delivered when remodeling progresses future. $ 400.00 cash I said to my self , MERRY CHRISTMAS...best i have had in a while...

DougGuy
12-25-2021, 11:21 PM
I pretty much already have most of what I need or want, so we gift small things, the GF and I visit with her family and friends, it's more about the get together than the gifting. I did get a camo ball cap with LEDs this one's Realtree and seems to be good quality. Now I won't have to wear the one I got a few years back with the Carolina Panthers logo on it.

I baked my traditional Christmas Eve chocolate chip cookies, 39yrs running now, everybody loves these things they are bad to the bone good.. Pecans, raisins, tart cherries, 3 kinds of chocolate, the dough is half cake flour and half bread flour, mix it up and it sits in the fridge for a couple of days while the chlorination process (from the cake flour) breaks down the gluten and gives the dough a real nice toffee flavor.. They are crispy and chocolatey bombs that burst in your mouth with flavor, definitely not your typical Betty Crocker type cookie recipe.

On Christmas day, we slept in, had some good snuggle time, it was a day to be thankful for what we have between us, and give thanks to God for the gift of salvation through Jesus, and to give much thanks that we met.

And then I remembered I played the lottery. Hmmmmm (fingers crossed)....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

woodbutcher
12-25-2021, 11:27 PM
:D Well lets see.Got some things that were most welcome.Box of food.Snazzy hoodie.Other clothing that will be most useful.The biggest surprize of all was a real nice 10" 12 speed bench top drill press.Was NOT expecting that.Now just have to find a place to set it up in my apartment.
A friend stopped by for a few hours and we had a great time.Christmas dinner was a couple of homemade subs with a couple of cold beers to wash them down.
Some pecan pie for dessert.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

lancem
12-25-2021, 11:44 PM
Remington 700 varmit in .223, waiting on scope rings to take it out and shoot.

bangerjim
12-26-2021, 01:04 AM
Auto-centering threading die holder (MT2) for my metal lathe

Accurate micro-calibrated tailstock offset jig for my #2MT lathe.

A couple $100 gift certs to various tool and eating places.

Large pro-level electric cooking griddle. I love griddle pancakes.

Gallon of REAL maple syrup to go with the griddle!

Logitek curved computer keyboard.

3 hub Linksys wireless router system for the entire house.

5 port NETGEAR GS105 Gigabit router auto switch.

Large 2# box of chocolate candies.

Cash.

Not a bad haul!

Best of all...........................I got a 100% all-clear report back on the X-rays/ultrasounds I had for potential cancer.

Ithaca Gunner
12-26-2021, 08:11 AM
You bet! Being cancer free IS the best gift you could get!

StuBach
12-26-2021, 09:02 AM
Bagerjim, congrats on the all clear!!! That is a great gift!

MrWolf
12-26-2021, 09:38 AM
We managed a week without a furnace with hopefully only another week to go. Some nights in teens. Partial power outage caused whole house generator not to work (stink bugs/Asian lady bugs caused it) and furnace compressor was running but not the fan - we think, but it is fried. It stinks and gets way to hot after 45 mins . Anyway kept fireplace going and bought two more nice heaters. Up every four hours or so keeping fireplace going. With that said we had a very nice Christmas. She got a S&W 38 special and sundry stuff and got me a new tablet, cover, and a Bible to read. She has a bachelor's degree in Theology and has been real good about me moving at my own pace. Our boys got some nice bones with marrow. Pancakes, etc. Real nice day. Her kids and grandkids come out Saturday. We are blessed.

pmer
12-26-2021, 10:51 AM

I got my fiancé a gold cross, which she complained about...chain too fragile??? Anyway, now I have to return it and start the process anew...grrr.

I was a bit this way with Christmas too until two Thursdays ago when I watched a movie about Christmas. I can't remember the name of it at the moment but the wife was really into the Christmas spirit and husband couldn't take all the gifting, the big get together. The time of the was wrong and the tree was pagan. He went down the list and it sounded convincing.

I watched it at my church in men's group and the movie was from a seminary. (no big production budget)

The brother in law listened intently and biblically answered every complaint his sister's husband had. There was actually a Nicholas back in 329 AD that was generous with gifts and physically stood up to a heretical fellow that was trying to say that Jesus was only a man. This was in Niceae, Turkey and where the Nicene Creed comes from. The winter solstice represents the darkness of man. The evergreen represents God's unfailing love and the Garden of Eden and the tree mentioned in Isiah. The lights in the night represent John chapter 1, where the word became light, the light of men, the light that darkness can't understand.

The three wise men bringing gifts some of which were used at the time for preparing a body for burial. Baby Jesus wrapped at the beginning and ending of his life. Christmas is about the gift of God that took away the sin of the world. A gift that can't be taken away and needs to be shared.

There is no way to take God and His gift of life out of Christmas even with the commercialization that started in the late 1800's.

So the gift I got was a reminder of what Christmas is or should be, and what its giving is about. And I got to Listen to Handel's Messiah for the first time and got a Dewalt 20 volt pole saw for trimming shooting lanes and edges of fields.

15meter
12-26-2021, 10:53 AM
P17 that has been sporterized.

Complete with full length stock, beautiful blueing and a nice 2-7 Leopold scope.

Chambered in an awesome varmint cartridge, the 300 Holland & Holland.

What everyone NEEDS for whacking woodchucks.

Had the dies, bullets and brass for several years courtesy of a couple of garage sales/Craigslist/trades on here plus a nice selection of 30 caliber molds I've aquired for other 30's.

Bmi48219
12-26-2021, 12:32 PM
Two books and two shirts. Our anniversary (35th) was the 23rd and she gave me a nice wrist watch. I gave up wearing watches long ago, being way too rough on them. Trying to think of a way to politely suggest as much. Sharing a life with her is gift enough.

blackthorn
12-26-2021, 01:26 PM
Gail & I do not exchange gifts at Christmas, except for cards. We get our pleasure from giving to the kids and Grandkids and, as well, we give donations to our favorite charities. We are blessed to have the ability to get whatever we desire (within reason) and we do so during the year (don't need to wait for Christmas. This year was our 29th Christmas together. Our marriage is the second time round for both of us and neither prior marriage was worth much except for the kids that resulted from them. I can relate to the Grrrr in Diverna's post as my first wife was NEVER happy/satisfied with whatever gift I got for her. The result of that was that after the third try I just gave her $$$ and let her buy her own!

country gent
12-26-2021, 01:35 PM
I was up to no good. Told the 3 grandsons ( age 7-4 ) That if they stayed up for Santa shook his hand and thanked him they would get more presents.

flint45
12-26-2021, 01:58 PM
My wife got me a big foot gun belt and it is great I tried it last night it works so much better than my regular belt. She also got me two really cool coffee cups and a bunch of yard gnomes because she knows I like those yeah I know I’m a little weird but they’re cool and it pisses off my commie neighbor up the steet.

BJK
12-26-2021, 02:34 PM
The things I want are outside my wifes understanding or budget. So she asks me what I want, the price, and then tells me to buy it. This year it was a Sharps Rifle Company BCG. The bolt that's in the handgun now isn't junk (JP Enterprises) but it lacks forward assist serrations.

Wouldn't you know, $40 less today. But I'm not too POed. It's a $300 bolt for much less money.

https://www.srcarms.com/bolt-carrier-groups/complete-AR15-xtreme-performance-bcg-dlc-black

Outer Rondacker
12-26-2021, 03:56 PM
Cell phone-based internet! Since we moved into the new house four years ago I have not been able to enjoy internet. It just was not available in my location.... until now. I'm back. Merry Christmas to all.

I have missed CB forum the most.

OS OK
12-26-2021, 04:18 PM
I got a Plasma Cutter & commandeered a kitchen cart the wife never uses...now I'm gonna build me a big'ole smoker from an old water pressure tank I've been saving for just that.

https://i.imgur.com/u32cLPp.jpg

I am ready to 'rumble'!

https://i.imgur.com/eX3icJh.jpg

jonp
12-26-2021, 06:02 PM
I got a Plasma Cutter & commandeered a kitchen cart the wife never uses...now I'm gonna build me a big'ole smoker from an old water pressure tank I've been saving for just that.

https://i.imgur.com/u32cLPp.jpg

I am ready to 'rumble'!

https://i.imgur.com/eX3icJh.jpg

That's funny because I think that is the exact cutter my wife gave me for Christmas. I just need to get a heavy duty extension for it.

panhed65
12-26-2021, 07:10 PM
since the women in my life are all gone, its up to me to get something for myself if I want. So I got a New Holland workmaster 25 with a loader bucket to help me out with my chores. at 73,I need what help I can get with the firewood, and about 3/4 mile of dirt driveway.
Barry

gc45
12-26-2021, 07:57 PM
My wife of almost 50 yrs made me another great Christmas supper, also an apple pie. She got me some LP primers and I let her use up my cabela points same as the past past several years. We enjoyed a nice meal while furture discussing putting the ranch up for sale as prices have skyrocketed and there is lots of interest here from folks wanting to move into the area. Hard to do this after all the years, building our pwn log house and barns, fences, corrals, my own range, all back when we too were young, but also makes it tough for me to keep things up now besides, we no longer have cows. We pray God has another plan for us somewhere warm as I look out the window to see it is still snowing and has been all day...

barnabus
12-26-2021, 08:11 PM

ungrateful

popper
12-26-2021, 08:34 PM
NV monacal

derek45
12-26-2021, 08:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/q5arzQe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XmV2nP0.jpg

Baltimoreed
12-26-2021, 09:07 PM
Christmas was very layed back this year, as a widower with an adult [could be argued that chronological age is not a reliable measure] grandson we didn’t put up anything. I did go to my son and dil’s for the afternoon and had a nice time with them and my 10 year old granddaughter. My 21 year old was supposed to come over too but got caught up in drama at his girlfriends. Her drunk stepfather wound up in the pokey for the weekend for assaulting his wife. As my grandson has issues with his step mom we were split 50/50 as to his appearance. Oh well, my present wouldn’t fit under a Christmas tree but does fit fine under the carport. I bought myself a 28 ft 1973 Airstream to rebuild. Seemed like a good idea at the time, time will tell. Merry Christmas to me and to all. Stay safe.

Mal Paso
12-26-2021, 09:18 PM
since the women in my life are all gone, its up to me to get something for myself if I want. So I got a New Holland workmaster 25 with a loader bucket to help me out with my chores. at 73,I need what help I can get with the firewood, and about 3/4 mile of dirt driveway.
Barry

Excellent Gift! My complements to Santa!

I got myself a decent pair of 12X42 binoculars so I can see the whales and wildlife.

jaysouth
12-27-2021, 12:34 AM
Sig 365X with Romeo red dot and three extra mags.

Minerat
12-27-2021, 01:14 AM
Some dill sunflower seeds & mini tootsy rolls, a Diamond D Alaskan rig for my SRH 454, 2 fixed length (60 mm & 105 mm) Nikon lenses for my Nikon FX DSLR camera and some small reloading tools. She's pretty good to me & the best part family here to celebrate with us.

bangerjim
12-27-2021, 03:08 PM
You bet! Being cancer free IS the best gift you could get!

Thanks for the kind comment! Waking up to a new day and being disease-free is the greatest gift! And I thank the Lord for that. I pray for all those on here that are suffering from diseases and hope they can find peace and wellness in 2022.

bangerjim
12-27-2021, 03:10 PM
Bagerjim, congrats on the all clear!!! That is a great gift!

Thanks for the kind comment! Waking up to a new day and being disease-free is the greatest gift! And I thank the Lord Almighty for that.

I hope & pray for all those on here that are suffering from diseases and hope they can find peace and wellness in 2022.

Cast_outlaw
12-27-2021, 04:31 PM
Got these slippers from my wife 293722
Called both sisters to wish a merry Christmas but no calls back So just slippers do like my new slip though

Baltimoreed
12-27-2021, 04:45 PM
Don’t be getting any lead splatter on them either or your wife will give you flip flops next year.

Idaho45guy
12-30-2021, 05:37 AM
Went out to help my dad with some chores and he said he forgot to give me my Christmas present.

He presented me with this very nice 1911. He bought it to have it customized and didn't get too far. He had custom hippo ivory grips made for it, and then some engraving done. He's never shot it.

He told me he bought it in the 80's and it came with Bo Mar sights stock. Ran the serial number and it says it was built in 2000. Would love to do some more customization on it such as a little more engraving, different trigger, grip safety, and hammer.

Ithaca Gunner
12-30-2021, 08:31 AM
Nice, you sure have a great dad!

Isaac
12-30-2021, 11:39 AM
Got these slippers from my wife 293722
Called both sisters to wish a merry Christmas but no calls back So just slippers do like my new slip though

Ah... Slippers! Great gift! I get several pair each Christmas from the grandchildren. I used to stock pile them so I would have extras (I wear them exclusively in/out around the house). Since COVID I've been working from home. Now, I wear them all day, everyday. They get used up very quickly!

Isaac

Cosmic_Charlie
12-31-2021, 10:46 AM
My wife and I got a turntable. She likes listening to records so I got an automatic one. Just push a button and it plays and then shuts off. She was never good at picking up the tone arm and setting it gently on the record. I have an original Riverside pressing of the Bill Evans Trio's Waltz for Debbie, recorded live at the Village Vanguard in 1961. Shocking what those are selling for now on Ebay.

Geezer in NH
01-05-2022, 07:10 PM
The bills for it as usual.

poppy42
01-05-2022, 07:32 PM
Another day older and broker!

LETS GO BRANDON!

hoodat
01-05-2022, 07:59 PM
Got a buddy I've been helping with a 28 Nosler - Browning Hells Canyon rifle. Working up a load, mounting scope and such. He told me to stop by, he had a little Christmas gift for me.

Went over the other day and he hits me with a Vortex Viper PST II, 5x25 -- FOR ME!! He wouldn't take no for an answer, and says he will still get his money's worth outta me.

I'm a tightwad, and have never bought myself a scope as nice as this one. I'm gonna have to learn a lot about it to take advantage of all the features, and maybe stretch out the distance a bit. For now I have mounted it on my 20-222, which is pretty much a heavy squirrel shooter. Built like an old school bench rifle, with a Remage nut barrel on it. Think I'm gonna wrap my mind around another barrel in a more distance oriented cartridge. jd

Idaho45guy
01-05-2022, 08:25 PM
Got a buddy I've been helping with a 28 Nosler - Browning Hells Canyon rifle. Working up a load, mounting scope and such. He told me to stop by, he had a little Christmas gift for me.

Went over the other day and he hits me with a Vortex Viper PST II, 5x25 -- FOR ME!! He wouldn't take no for an answer, and says he will still get his money's worth outta me.

I'm a tightwad, and have never bought myself a scope as nice as this one. I'm gonna have to learn a lot about it to take advantage of all the features, and maybe stretch out the distance a bit. For now I have mounted it on my 20-222, which is pretty much a heavy squirrel shooter. Built like an old school bench rifle, with a Remage nut barrel on it. Think I'm gonna wrap my mind around another barrel in a more distance oriented cartridge. jd

Wow! That's a good friend! Looks like a great combo for varmints.

jaysouth
01-05-2022, 10:22 PM
I was a very good boy last year. A modest inheritance from my mother was sent to Santa at the North Pole.

He brought me:

Sig 365XL
Henry single shot .357
52" Husky tool chest
Champion Gun safe
2 Case stockman knives

Not was I very good but am a very deserving 75 year old child.

375supermag
01-06-2022, 09:33 AM
Tested positive for Covid on Dec. 20...
Pretty sick for the last couple weeks.
Very weak, no appetite, can't taste most foods.
Move from bed to recliner...haven't left tge house since the 20th.
Finally started feeling better a couple of days ago...haircut appointment later this morning if I can gather the strength to leave the house.

Wife also tested positive...she was better in about a week. Didn't affect my son much at all other than some minor congestion and loss if taste for a few days.

Thankfully all the gifts were bought and wrapped ahead of Christmas, so we were still able to celebrate with gift giving.
Otherwise, a pretty rough holiday season healthwise.

375supermag
01-10-2022, 10:51 AM
Hi...
Feeling much better the last couple of days since my rather sarcastic report on my Covid gift that I got for Christmas.

We actually had a rather nice Christmas gift wise here at The Estate.
My son got a Frankfort Arsenal case prep center among a multitude of other gifts, wife got a new gas grill(she fancies herself the Grillmaster) among other gifts.
I received a laser sight for my M&P 40, a couple of Ruger branded range bags among way too much other stuff.

First Christmas in several years that my son and I didn't get a new firearm. Very little of interest at any of the local gun shops during the current shortages...most local shops have a handful of guns on the shelves unless you want a Ruger Wrangler or a Glock which neither of us want.