PDA

View Full Version : Could not sleep

metricmonkeywrench
12-25-2021, 11:03 AM
Ended the day watching the new interpretation of the grinch story with the grand daughter… disappointing to say the least, politically corrected that loosely stayed with the story line. Dr Suess would be rolling over in his grave. Why can’t they leave the classics alone.

Sent the granddaughter off to bed, got the dogs out, shut down all the lights, locked up for the night, did the nightly shower routine and settled down in bed.

I tossed, turned and eventually fell into a fitful sleep with the same thought on my mind;

Why couldn’t I get my 2 single cavity 9mm moulds to fill out right earlier in the day… the moulds were preheated, clean and the lead was hot enough…

sigep1764
12-25-2021, 11:46 AM
Most of my nights end like that unless I unwind after work or after finishing a project. Gotta tire the mind out.

myg30
12-27-2021, 05:59 AM
I just retired this year. I used to stay awake thinking about my projects at work, my co workers, up coming trips etc... Now, other than some health issues, I sleep less, have some of the most ridiculous dreams that make no sense. If I get a straight 3-4 hrs I’m lucky. Then it’s on and off sleep the rest of the night ! Go figure
Very few times I’m so tired that I might take a power nap at 1pm.

Your not alone fer sure, Mike

armoredman
12-27-2021, 06:02 AM
I work Graves, no sleep for me, just coffee.

MTtimberline
12-27-2021, 06:50 AM
What is sleep?

Lloyd Smale
12-27-2021, 07:33 AM
I just retired this year. I used to stay awake thinking about my projects at work, my co workers, up coming trips etc... Now, other than some health issues, I sleep less, have some of the most ridiculous dreams that make no sense. If I get a straight 3-4 hrs I’m lucky. Then it’s on and off sleep the rest of the night ! Go figure
Very few times I’m so tired that I might take a power nap at 1pm.

Your not alone fer sure, Mike

about it for me too

Ithaca Gunner
12-27-2021, 10:07 AM
I stay up till 1-2AM go to bed sleep for 3-4 hours and up again at 5-6AM. Sometimes I get a 2-3 hour nap during the day, sometimes not. It's becoming all too routine. The wife goes to bed same time as me, but can sleep till 10-11AM. No wonder they live longer.

Tazman1602
12-27-2021, 08:35 PM
about it for me too

I’m right there with you guys….except I still excel at taking things apart and rebuilding them in my head. If I get 4-5 hrs uninterrupted I figure I’m doing well. Sometimes get a nap and sometimes not. ALL of my buds around my age (mid 60’s…) have the same sleep issues….

Art

JimB..
12-27-2021, 08:55 PM
Gotta drain the snake every few hours anyway, thankfully not sleeping through that.

Lloyd Smale
12-28-2021, 05:46 AM
Gotta drain the snake every few hours anyway, thankfully not sleeping through that.

yup im with you there too. About every 2 hours and you can about set your watch by it.

Land Owner
12-28-2021, 07:15 AM
You did not say what alloy? Aside from heat, and heat in the spru plate is also important, the presence or absence of tin could be problematic.

See page 67 (PDF version), Heating the Spru Plate, of Glen E. Fryxell and Robert L. Applegate "From Ingot to Target":
https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?110213-From-Ingot-to-Target-A-Cast-Bullet-Guide-for-Handgunners