PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to MiHa moulds

rockrat
12-24-2021, 07:22 PM
Placed my first ever order with MiHa on Tuesday. Scheduled to get here next Tuesday

Showed up a couple of hours ago!! Thats service!!!

John McCorkle
12-24-2021, 08:18 PM
Yeah, it's pretty nuts considering it comes from another country!! His work is impeccable

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

RKJ
12-24-2021, 11:04 PM
You'll like that mold. I've got quite a few of his molds and every one is a gem.

Green Frog
12-25-2021, 12:17 PM
Miha’s adaptation of the Cramer hollow point mechanism is wonderful… in a multi-cavity mould it is unbeatable. I’m a mould junkie, but his have to be at the very top of my “nice list”.
Froggie

Petander
12-25-2021, 12:59 PM
Placed my first ever order with MiHa on Tuesday. Scheduled to get here next Tuesday

Showed up a couple of hours ago!! Thats service!!!

How much was shipping?

To Finland it is about $20 and takes 2-3 days, DHL. Super.

W.R.Buchanan
12-25-2021, 03:08 PM
I Ordered my .402-165 4 cav. from him on 12/15 and it arrived 12/21 and it was hung up in France for 2 days! 6 days from Slovenia is not bad service!!!

Like all his moulds, it is jewelry!

Randy

Dieselhorses
12-25-2021, 06:41 PM
I've had nothing but excellent results with any mold I ordered from him!

rockrat
12-25-2021, 07:16 PM
Think the shipping was $28 for both the moulds

Iwsbull
12-25-2021, 08:22 PM
The shipping from him is unreal fast and he has primo molds.

Super Sneaky Steve
12-28-2021, 10:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/E3vOYPF.jpg

I fired up a new mould of his last night. Should be 125gr but with mostly pure lead it's dropping at 130gr. I'm very happy with the design. The bullet reduces in diameter just after the driving bans so after powder coat it should ride into the bore nicely. My CZ RAMI has a very tight chamber.

PhatForrest
12-29-2021, 04:11 PM
Just ordered a brass HG 503 clone mold from him the other day.

His molds are multiplying on my shelf. I think the new one will make #6.

Iowa Fox
01-01-2022, 04:15 PM
My last experience with MP has not been good. He stuck several of us with dud unusable molds and is refusing to make good on them, he is well aware of it. This was over a year ago and he is ignoring us. The man lacks integrity. If he does make good on his mistake I'll be the first to offer a full apology to everyone. Not holding my breath any more.

Groundpounder17
01-01-2022, 07:58 PM
Super Sneaky Steve, Which mold is this? I like the looks of this one. I bet it’s a good shooter

Groundpounder17
01-01-2022, 08:00 PM
Iowa Fox, Do you care to explain? I have been wanting a few of his moulds

AZ Pete
01-01-2022, 08:59 PM
My last experience with MP has not been good. He stuck several of us with dud unusable molds and is refusing to make good on them, he is well aware of it. This was over a year ago and he is ignoring us. The man lacks integrity. If he does make good on his mistake I'll be the first to offer a full apology to everyone. Not holding my breath any more.

what is the issue with the mold that makes it unusable?

RogerDat
01-01-2022, 09:24 PM
I buy Lee to provide for a new caliber or to find out how a different weight works. I buy either Miha or NOE when I want to upgrade my mold in that caliber. Works of art. I imagine once I feel I'm set on molds I'll want to upgrade to all his brass molds. So nice!

Some people buy investment grade coins or antiques, I like investment grade molds. You know if you take care of it the mold will hold its value for sure and potentially increase a bit over time, enough to keep up with inflation. Cost of new goes up, so does cost of used. Wife hasn't totally bought into it yet but I keep repeating it often enough... maybe it will work.

Iowa Fox
01-01-2022, 11:59 PM
what is the issue with the mold that makes it unusable?

Oversize gas check shank.

I'm not the only one from the group buy, others have the same issue. Their bullets measure exactly like mine

I took a few gas checks, Gators, Lyman, Hornady and heated them on a cast iron plate until they were soft. I used the end of a ball peen hammer to open them. They still won't fit. Plus the bullet diameter is almost .436

All we are asking is to return the blocks to the honcho and get useable blocks in return which doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

This is my third mold from him. He makes a good looking mold that casts easily dropping good looking bullets but when they don't fit they don't fit. That's hard earned money in the garbage can.

Super Sneaky Steve
01-02-2022, 03:37 PM
Super Sneaky Steve, Which mold is this? I like the looks of this one. I bet it’s a good shooter

https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-357-125-hp-pb-4-cav/
Sold out now but this boolit dropped around .3565 with mostly pure lead. With powder coat it's .3585 so I can size to .358 or .356 depending if I want to shoot .38 spl or 9x19.

I loaded some over the weekend and they plunk right into my tightest barrel. The boolit reduces in size right after the driving bands so you won't have any fitment issues after coating.