PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Block .32-40 (Taylor Machine)

Old Footman
12-22-2021, 12:03 AM
I had a project idea in the works and my good friend "725" who is on this forum recommended for me to reach out to Taylor Machine in Idaho. I spoke to John Taylor (great guy) about my project and after discussions with him I shipped out my old Remington Rolling Block 7x57 barreled action. John removed the old 7x57 barrel and installed a nice 24" .32-40 barrel along with doing some excellent machining of the barrel flats along with doing work to the receiver and installing iron sights. I recently finished up with wood and blued the barrel. Again I have to give thumbs up to John and his quality work. I did picked up a nice Rapine mold from this forum, and recently I found a box of Hornady .32 caliber 170 grain FP Interlock boolits in PA. Looking forward after the holidays on trying to get to the range.

https://johntaylormachine.com/

RustyReel
12-22-2021, 10:06 AM
I think we need to see some pics of this project!

Gunlaker
12-22-2021, 11:04 AM
That should be a lot of fun. I like the .32-40 a lot. Are you going to shoot it with black powder or smokeless?

Chris.

12-22-2021, 11:08 AM
Eager to cast up some boolits with Old Footman and hit the range. His walnut stock really sets the whole project off, and the action is smooth as silk. Promises to be a good shooter.