PDA

View Full Version : leukemia

porthos
12-20-2021, 04:10 PM
just found out this morning that i have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. happens usually over age 60. which i think most of us are; except for you lucky few. this type of leukemia is the less severe of the 2 types. got blood test to check that is the type i have. the question that i have is what i can expect to happen "down the road". at this time i feel fine. is anyone going thru this?

todd9.3x57
12-20-2021, 04:41 PM
no, but i still wish you well.

Ithaca Gunner
12-20-2021, 05:06 PM
I've no idea either, but I wish you well also.

lightman
12-20-2021, 05:19 PM
I'm really sorry to hear this. I wish you the best!

My Dad died from Leukemia, probably from asbestus exposure while working in a paper mill. He started feeling really run down and blood test showed a low red count and an extremely high white count. Chemo and regular blood transfusions kept him going until he reach the average life expectancy. He was mostly pain free and died in his sleep while in the hospital.

This was 15 years ago and things may be different now. You will be in my prayers!

Tweetyj
12-20-2021, 09:28 PM
It is five years I have CLL non active , white blood count keeps going up ( normal 7-10 thousands) mine in 40’s, Dr. told me long as my red blood count does not change could be years before becomes active, people live up to 20 years before becoming active.I have my blood checked every six months. Keep and eye on it but enjoy life !! I do and still shoot , reload and cast !!!

memtb
12-21-2021, 11:25 AM
No sir.....but, best wishes go out to you! May your treatments keep you in good health for many years! memtb

porthos
12-21-2021, 12:05 PM
Tweetyj: Thanks, that helps