PDA

View Full Version : hornady LNL dies coming loose during reloading

canuck4570
01-16-2009, 03:09 PM
I am looking at Hornady LNL press... and I have heard that the dies comes loose during reloading, is this true....

dromia
01-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I have the LnL systen on a Rockchucker, Ultramag and a LnL AP progressive.

I've had no problems with loose dies and use the system a lot.

The engagement is very positive and I can't say moving looks likely if it is properly engaged.

canuck4570
01-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks Dromia, will be buying this LNL with moore peace of mind, since this was my only concern, its the new ezeject model..... Mike

dromia
01-16-2009, 04:03 PM
To start with I thought the LnL system a bit of a gimmick, but having used it now for a while I see its benefits in dies I use alot and am now a convert.

I've had my LnL ap for nearly three years now, its the best buy progressive on the market.

It does what is says it does very well at reasonable cost, you should enjoy yours when it comes.

Take your time to begin with and get used to its operation and you'll soon be cranking out fine ammo, don't try and beat any speed records but go for steady away consistency.

dromia
01-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Some discussion here on loosening up:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=43530

canuck4570
01-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks again Dromia, I have a Dillon 450 which I like but I think the LNL offers more versatility for cast boolits giving me the possibility of putting the powder measure where I want and also the priming linkage on the Dillon does not permit me to use my reloading sequence the way I wish