PDA

View Full Version : Bullplate Lube

1Shirt
01-09-2006, 12:19 PM
This stuff is one of those "Where have you been all my lilfe" type things. Got two btls. of the stuff. Order and delivery time was great and it was over the hillidays.
Cast with three different Lyman molds over the weekend and this sprue plate lube is the best thing that I have run into since sliced white bread and dry toilet paper. Hats off to the Bull Shop for coming up with it!
1Shirt :coffee:

Bullshop
01-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Why thank you 1shirt for the kind words. So glad to hear it is working so well for you. I have not gotten back even one complaint, yet. Havent realy had too many want to try it, too bad too cause it does work good. You know what they say about old dogs must be so!
BIC/BS

powderburnerr
01-09-2006, 10:13 PM
IMHO it works quite well if i do say so myself.................Dean

Buckshot
01-09-2006, 10:19 PM
.................Guess I'll have to order some :-). You should put some on E-Bay (if you sell on E-Bay) or wherever you do sell. PLus a small add in the Cast Bullet Journel would be aimed at the right crowd. You have rthe price and regular ordering instructions on your website, doncha?

...............Buckshot

Pawpaw
01-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Oh!.... BULLplate lube

I thought you said BUTTplate lube.

Never needed any lube there.

Never mind.

felix
01-09-2006, 10:53 PM
PawPaw, so you don't have hemorrhoids yet? Wait a few more years, my friend, and you will be wishing for some good lube, or something. Several years ago we had a discussion about preparation H, but I forgot the context. Bullet lube, nah, can't be. ... felix

MGySgt
01-09-2006, 11:03 PM
I received my order last week of Bull Plate Lub - Works like advertised. I have had a little lead show on the plate, but it wiped right off.

Don't do the BruceB with it and I could turn down my heat. As a ladel caster, that helps with more time between fluxing.

Question for Bull Shop - Does this stuff freeze? I left it out in the casting shed by mistake over night the last time I cast and it hit the teens.

Drew

grumble
01-10-2006, 12:27 AM
My first try with Bullplate worked just fine, too. No smearing at all. Good product!

Bullshop
01-10-2006, 12:53 AM
I received my order last week of Bull Plate Lub - Works like advertised. I have had a little lead show on the plate, but it wiped right off.

Don't do the BruceB with it and I could turn down my heat. As a ladel caster, that helps with more time between fluxing.

Question for Bull Shop - Does this stuff freeze? I left it out in the casting shed by mistake over night the last time I cast and it hit the teens.

Drew
MGySGt
Well we havent had any real cold weather yet. It did get to the -30's for a week and it didnt freeze, didnt even gell. I guess you could run it in your pick up radiator. I will hold off till I see if its safe to -60

Buckshot
Yes you should find everything you need on the web sight.
Ah BTW ah no offence ment to anyone by that old dog thingy I said OK.
And what is the cast bullet journal, never heard of it.
BIC/BS

Calamity Jake
01-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Got mine a couple of weeks ago, haven't tried on steel yet but used on the 6 hole Lee's.
My opinion, in three words "I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!"

MGySgt
01-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I have used it on Brass and Steel - same results - no lead smears. casting at 700+ and cutting as soon as the sprue freezes. I have to stop to add lead, flux and let the mold cool a little. But by the time the pot is fluxed I am back at it.

I think is is faster then the BruceB and can cast more between fluxes because the lead isn't as hot (800-825).

Drew

floodgate
01-10-2006, 01:31 PM
BS:

"And what is the cast bullet journal, never heard of it."

It's actually "The Fouling Shot", journal of the Cast Bullet Association. Go to www.castbulletassoc.org. Dues are a LOW $17 per year, AND you get a FREE copy of Joe Brennan's (our own joeb33050) fine book "Cast Bullets for Beginner & Expert" (he's working on a new edition). Good guys, lots of info, and one of the bargains of the year.

floodgate

Bass Ackward
01-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Well, I got a bottle of Bull Plate lube for Christmas. I was so excited as it was the only gift I got that wasn't exercise or food related.

I really had every intention in the world of trying it, but alas, I spilled the whole danged bottle. As luck would have it, the bottle fell right into my lube pan where it was contaminated with some bees wax rendering it useless for plate lube.

Now I have to find another use for it, gull darn it. :grin:

StarMetal
01-10-2006, 04:33 PM
boy John, I'm sure glad it wasn't BullNytroglycerin hahahahahahahaha

Joe

Bullshop
01-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Well, I got a bottle of Bull Plate lube for Christmas. I was so excited as it was the only gift I got that wasn't exercise or food related.

I really had every intention in the world of trying it, but alas, I spilled the whole danged bottle. As luck would have it, the bottle fell right into my lube pan where it was contaminated with some bees wax rendering it useless for plate lube.

Now I have to find another use for it, gull darn it. :grin:

Come on now Bass you rascal you I know good and well you saw the recipe for speed green when I posted it on the other thread!!! Need I point out that lying is a sin. Fess up now, you aimed that little bottle of bull plat right at that bees wax didnt you, huh!!! It was a deliberate act of experimentation and you and I both know it. I also know you just couldnt help yourself, and thats OK. The best thing to do is just admit it that you are an experiment juncky. Frankly I am surprised it took you this long.
You gave me a hint the other day about Nathan, when how did you put it, "excessive compulsive" ah-huh. Its OK Bass I am here for ya!
BIC/BS

StarMetal
01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Dan,

Bass is tired of those dang kids of yours outshooting him, especially with those Hornets hahahahahahahahahaha.

Joe

Poygan
01-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Tried the Bull Plate on a Lee and a Lyman 4 cavity and it worked great on both!

buck1
01-11-2006, 12:25 AM
It works GREAT for me as well!!!!!!! Good product ! Thanks bullshop!! .....Buck