PDA

View Full Version : Ribs On the Grill

dale2242
12-19-2021, 04:50 AM
I know that Baby Back pork ribs are the in thing these days.
I like them slow smoked on the pellet grill as well as anyone.
But beef ribs slow smoked on the grill are just as good.
My problem with finding good beef ribs is that the butchers have taken so much of the meat from between the ribs that you have mostly bone.
I look for the beef ribs with a good slab of meat on the.
Beef short ribs are good as well.
I like to smoke them at 225* for a couple of hours directly on the grill then place them in a pan covered with aluminum foil and setting in equal part apple cider vinegar and apple juice, a cup of each.
Smoke them covered until they get to 200*.
If you like BBQ sauce on them add it in the last half hour.

Half Dog
12-19-2021, 10:42 AM
Thanks. Now I’ll have to BBQ some ribs.

Wag
12-19-2021, 10:46 AM
I smoke 'em for about eight hours. The first two with smoke, the next two with no smoke and the last four wrapped in aluminum foil. If you use sauce, add it at the last 30 minutes with no foil. Set the temp at 225 and let it go! They fall off the bones and they're as good as anything.

The same method works as well with brisket and for pork or beef ribs.

Now I'm hungry..........

--Wag--

Gofaaast
12-19-2021, 12:12 PM
Meaty beef back ribs are out there but rare. My suggestion if you like ribeyes as well is to buy a whole bone in ribeye and make a FO ribeye out of it meaning you leave the fingers on the ribs vs weaving them out to keep all the meat possible on the ribeye. You can then cut your steaks to your desired thickness, make a prime rib roast or do a mix. A good butcher, locker or meat market would do this for you. Painted Hills is a beef brand in your area that should have the beef back ribs you desire.

BJK
12-19-2021, 12:17 PM
Meaty short ribs, BBQed low and slow and smoked after marinating for a few days, are my bestest all time meal.

Wayne Smith
12-22-2021, 06:47 PM
Around here it's all pork - Smithfield, VA and all that. We are east of Smithfield! Pork everywhere, and the baby back ribs are good on the smoker.