PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the bench

Jacksgrampa
12-15-2021, 10:52 AM

HATCH
12-15-2021, 11:03 AM
Good luck with the PID in those units. The earlier models had issues and failures.

Please post again in a couple months on how it is going for you.

Charles

Hootmix
12-16-2021, 01:37 AM
Jack that's a mighty neat looking rig, and welcome to a very addictive "HOBBY", yup! keep us posted, we care.

coffee's ready, Hootmix.

Tar Heel
12-16-2021, 06:09 AM
Post your first run pictures. Let's see what the new rig can do.

RKJ
12-16-2021, 07:52 AM
I've got one of those and I like it, no issues with the PID.

georgerkahn
12-16-2021, 08:08 AM

I had one on order (backorder) from Buffalo Arms, and while waiting I read soooo many reports, added to the (PID) failure of his to a local fellow caster/shooter -- I rang Buffalo Arms and (a great outfit to deal with, if you didn't alrrady kniow this :)) and canceled my order, swapping it for a RCBS Pro-Melt. I've used the RCBS for many, many hours with nary a problem -- good unit.

The local fellow sent his Lyman 25 back and eventually got it returned to him. He stated that Lyman apparently recognized the problem and did "something" to lessen/alleviate it. But, he is still wary using it and even keeps a small el cheapo electric fan blowing on it when in use.

They are pleasing to the eye units; I do hope (assume?) yours is a newer, problem-free design, and wish you many problem-free hours of use with it!

geo

zarrinvz24
12-16-2021, 08:27 AM

x2. I love mine. I've had it 3 years, not a single issue.

smithnframe
12-16-2021, 08:32 AM
Very nice! Mine works like a champ without the PID! Must be some stockholders of PID manufacturers here LOL!

dverna
12-16-2021, 11:37 AM
Nice looking unit. I came close to getting one as my old Lyman furance has served me well, but I got a deal on a Master Caster. Th MC was a lot more money, but I cannot cast for long sessions anymore with multicavity molds.

I would not be too worried about some of issues reported when the units first came out. Lyman has been a good company and will stand behind their product.