PDA

View Full Version : banned

porthos
12-14-2021, 08:49 PM
i heard that Pressman was banned. can i ask why or is that forbidden. he is one of the best on this entire site. i hope i don't get banned for asking.

imashooter2
12-14-2021, 08:53 PM
Probably the forbidden subject.
https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?431413-COVID-Discussion-Is-Not-Allowed

Baltimoreed
12-14-2021, 08:59 PM
Perfect Union forum is a ‘perfect’ example of why this is a good policy.

country gent
12-14-2021, 09:22 PM
Discussing any discipline on site with others would be inappropriate that is between the mods and the individual.

rancher1913
12-14-2021, 10:32 PM
but one of many good ones

M-Tecs
12-14-2021, 11:02 PM
Hopefully it is just temporary. I have a great deal of respect for Ken.

dverna
12-15-2021, 12:13 AM

Agree...sometimes a “time out” is enough.

No_1
12-15-2021, 03:49 AM
Staff rule #1 is not discussing what goes on in the staff area - we don’t discuss any action or inaction administrative or otherwise with anyone except the person whom the action affects.

contender1
12-15-2021, 09:19 AM
"Staff rule #1 is not discussing what goes on in the staff area - we don’t discuss any action or inaction administrative or otherwise with anyone except the person whom the action affects."

AS IT SHOULD BE.

Shawlerbrook
12-15-2021, 09:24 AM
Rules are rules and must be followed and enforced. That said, hopefully the punishment is temporary and fits the transgression . I also enjoyed reading Pressman’s reloading history lessons.

para45lda
12-15-2021, 09:27 AM
Sadly this is the first thing I've read or seen about the subject we are not to name being banned. And I'm on here nearly every day.

It could have been me as I have very specific opinions (as we all) on such subjects.

Of course, it could have been for something totally unrelated.

Wes

GregLaROCHE
12-15-2021, 10:57 AM
I don’t think it would be an easy job to be a moderator.

fixit
12-15-2021, 11:28 AM
I understand why the banned subject was banned, but was surprised at how easy it was to go where one isn't supposed to go. Due diligence is required, and that beyond the normal. Unfortunately, some are unable to have a calm, reasonable discussions, and it forces those who can to self censor!

atr
12-15-2021, 11:30 AM

I agree,
atr

gwpercle
12-15-2021, 12:18 PM
I was un aware at first that the C-word subject was off limits ... and may have posted something ...
It's amazing my ignorant old self didn't get banned ...

I would like to take the stand and testify for Pressman and vouch that he is , at heart a good person and valuable contributor ... I hope he can be pardoned for his crimes and soon reinstated ...
I will be very sad if the punishment is permanent .
Please give him a second chance .
Gary

BamaNapper
12-15-2021, 01:13 PM
I'm in the same boat as a couple others here. I often go a week or more without getting on the site, and when I do get on I typically don't bother going back through hundreds of posts. I didn't, and never would have known y'all designated a subject as taboo. Like Dunbar, I could have easily been disappeared not realizing my transgression.

Maybe a broadcast private message to all members? I'm not sure what tools are available. Still, kudos to the moderators on here. I certainly don't envy you the job.

imashooter2
12-15-2021, 02:43 PM
I wouldn’t expect Mods to discuss why someone was banned. But I see no reason the members can’t gossip.

And every opportunity to put out the word on the forbidden subject probably saves someone.

fixit
12-15-2021, 03:15 PM
The mods do give reasonable warning..... the problem, some times, is our own forgetfulness! Once warned, you get a limited number of warnings, and then kaput. The standards are clearly spelled out, so it does fall back onto the shoulders of the member to stay off the subject.

Winger Ed.
12-15-2021, 03:47 PM

Yeah. It's worse than being the town dog catcher.
The better you do your job, the more people are mad at you.

mdatlanta
12-15-2021, 04:49 PM

+1. I hope this is temporary. I really enjoyed what Pressman brought to the forum.

BJK
12-15-2021, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I've missed important "do not's" too. I think here but also on other forums. There should be a better way to wave the flag, not just here. It's up to the software developer to make something accessible I would think.

I don't know who the guy is but I feel for him.

smithnframe
12-15-2021, 09:28 PM
Wasn’t he also a moderator?

dverna
12-15-2021, 09:30 PM
I have had my hand slapped for being a *******. The mods and owner do a good job IMO. What I got I deserved, except for one...and that was dismissed after review. Can’t ask for better than that.

There are many banned folks I miss, but I do not know the full story. And at least one banned fellow was reinstated.

Kudos to those who spend their time herding cats...not always an easy job...so thank you.

M-Tecs
12-15-2021, 09:47 PM
Wasn’t he also a moderator?

Yes.....

No_1
12-16-2021, 02:38 AM
I have had my hand slapped for being a *******. The mods and owner do a good job IMO. What I got I deserved, except for one...and that was dismissed after review. Can’t ask for better than that.

There are many banned folks I miss, but I do not know the full story. And at least one banned fellow was reinstated.

Kudos to those who spend their time herding cats...not always an easy job...so thank you.

Thanks Don for an honest opinion. Being a moderator is not an easy job and contrary to popular belief I don’t like Issuing infractions or banning folks but sometimes it has to happen. The rules are simple and very easy to follow, the infraction system is 3 tiered so members always receive a no points warning with a good explanation of what was done incorrectly which hopefully prevents future reoccurrence. If the members does it again they can receive up to 2 more infractions in the same category before their membership is reviewed for removal. The best part is the member can request a review of the infraction received and if we are wrong the infraction is reversed with an apology.

Members are allowed to come back with a new screen name and as long as they contribute in a positive way they are welcome to stay but if they go back to their old ways they are removed permanently.

Rob