PDA

View Full Version : Went to Charlie's (BOAZ) send off!

buckwheatpaul
12-11-2021, 10:25 PM
Went with another friend to Charlie's send off this cold windy Saturday. The crowd was small but proved to be a wonderful account on our friend and brother....I had to laugh when the minister said: "I first met Charlie in the Men's Room. He said that Charlie looked at him and said: "Hi....I'm Charlie and I would shake your hand but we are both indisposed right now!"" That is the Charlie that I was so privileged to get to know over the years.....he was 10 days younger than me and we celebrated our birthdays in person or via the phone. I can always remember ringing him up and say: "Hi Charlie....how are you doing?" He would reply: "I don't have a care in the world"

Charlie wore his Christianity like a comfortable sweater and he never ever hesitated to proclaim that Jesus was his personal savior; he never failed to step up to the plate to help others; and he always put others ahead of his needs......I CAN ONLY SAY THAT I LOVED AND WILL MISS CHARLIE AND HIS WISDOM AND LOVE FOR GOD, JESUS AND THE HOLY SPIRIT!

Rest in Peace brother until be all meet in the Cast Boolits "In the Chapel" in Heaven!

Hogtamer
12-11-2021, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the remembrance of such a fine man.

GhostHawk
12-12-2021, 06:04 AM
Amen brother! You'll go far and search long and hard to find another like Charlie.

Preacher Jim
12-12-2021, 08:04 AM
Charlie was a special man, the Lord used him everyday to bless many people. I have never met another like him. Miss his phone calls and think back to his visit. A truly Godly man.
That will be missed by all who knew him.

Pine Baron
12-12-2021, 08:36 AM
Thanks Paul for posting this and I'm grateful that you were able to go. "I don't have a care in the world"...brought me to tears.
Rest in Peace Charlie, we will meet again.

rancher1913
12-12-2021, 08:54 AM
really wanted to go, thanks for letting his family know we think of him.

MrWolf
12-12-2021, 09:17 AM
Nicely said Paul. He will be missed.

USMC87
12-12-2021, 09:44 AM
Amen, I know I will see Charlie again!

square butte
12-12-2021, 10:14 AM
I talked with Charlie a couple of days before he passed. I told him I wanted him there waiting for me if he passed before me. He said he would be. His last words to me were "I'll see you".

dverna
12-12-2021, 09:51 PM
Thanks for posting Paul.

WRideout
12-13-2021, 12:16 AM
Thanks, Paul. Charlie had a profound effect on people. He lived his faith.

Wayne