PDA

View Full Version : Does it end?

zampilot
01-15-2009, 08:01 PM
BPCR is too much fun, even when ya can only read about it. So, now I have PP moulds for my 40-65 and 45's, even a template for cutting my onion skin paper. And plenty of lead. Tin if I need it. It's too cold now to cast or shoot with the big mould but I have 50 already cast. What should I do ? I should make a rolling plate I suppose.................then roll some.

docone31
01-15-2009, 08:33 PM
At the least!
Make sure you have plenty in reserve. Might come a day when you just want to make grey smoke on an impulse.
It never ends.

stuffy25thia
01-15-2009, 09:05 PM
BPCR is too much fun, even when ya can only read about it. So, now I have PP moulds for my 40-65 and 45's, even a template for cutting my onion skin paper. And plenty of lead. Tin if I need it. It's too cold now to cast or shoot with the big mould but I have 50 already cast. What should I do ? I should make a rolling plate I suppose.................then roll some.

I'm in the same boat zampilot, it's way to cold to go shoot, so I just sit around and make ammo for the spring. I'm getting ready to roll a few for my Gallagher carbine, this will be the first time PPing.

zampilot
01-18-2009, 01:53 PM
My first attempt at 45-90 paper patching. Actually these are about the fifth try through various papers, oninon skin fit the best, very very slightly under bore size, it's almost a snug fit. I could put more powder in but stopped at 90 grns by weight (I dont know why!). Over powder .060 veg fiber wad, 1/8" Emmerts lube, parchment paper over that, then the BACO straight side semi-wadcutter bullet (which dont seem very ballisticly coefficient, but I have some to use), boolits are finger fit into the case and they are just snug enough to not fall when held upside down in the bullet box. The paper needed to be 1 1/8" wide to get to the base w/a fold.
I wonder how they'll shoot!:drinks:

Another first today: took my 12 year old outdoors girl ice fishing for her first time (and my first time out in about 15 years!), didnt catch anything but a small perch, but she had fun and wants to go again. It's a great day!

freedom475
01-19-2009, 02:17 AM
Thats quite a "set up" for the first outing in 15years:mrgreen: Thanks for the pics.

Looks like your PPing is coming right along.

Too cold to shoot!!!??? I've never heard of such a thing!:mrgreen::Fire:

Southern Son
01-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Zampilot, That is an interesting way to fish, I can honestly say that I have never actually driven my car out to and then over my favourite fishing hole. Most of my fishing is at the other extream, tropical mangroves looking for barramundi, mangrove jack, etc. I still love looking at the Grumpy Old Men movies though, some of those fishing shacks are just amazing, Television, Heater, Stove to cook on, if it wasnt for the fact that it is freezing, it would have to be one of the most laid back ways to fish.

zampilot
01-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Southern SOn,
On my last trip back from the cabin I tailed 5 large, permanent type Ice Shacks, abot 8x16' each, on wheels (you jack them down to set up, then raise them to move): each one had a brand new DishNet dish installed! Someone up there must be the installer. Anything you can find in a house you can find in a shack somewhere!