PDA

View Full Version : Vortex DiamondI think it is a 4x12 x 40mm Tactical Scope

TNsailorman
12-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Ok guys, what can you tell me from personal experience about this scope. I think it is a 4x12 x 40mm. I might be interested in one. Thanks, james:?:

12-09-2021, 03:23 PM
nothing about that particular scope but, I can tell you Vortex is a quality product. I think they are after the Leupold market and are just as good or better. ...and this from a die hard Leupold fan.

Shepherd2
12-10-2021, 12:06 PM
I have this scope in a 4-16x44 and I really like it. The glass is very bright, images are crisp right out to the edges. Adjustments are easy and positive. I'd been using Leupold scopes and I always thought they were dim compared to other scopes I'd seen. I bought a Vortex in the mid price range and I was hooked. To me they are a great value. A lot of scope for the money.

My Leupolds are gone. Replaced with Vortex scopes and for less money.

BigAlofPa.
12-10-2021, 12:48 PM
I have the 6x24 x50 in my one 30.06. I love it. I got the MOA reticle.

Mr Peabody
12-11-2021, 10:48 AM
I've started buying more of the Burris Fullfield line. I think they offer better adjustment turrets and glass that's nicer to look through.

popper
12-11-2021, 04:27 PM
Mine is 4x12, works fine, glass is OK. Not the best but about the same as cheaper nikon. bushnell/vista is not honoring their lifetime warranty anymore.

fastdadio
12-11-2021, 06:52 PM
I don't have the scope in question, but I do have a couple Vortex products. I bought the Crossfire 2 for my 350L AR. Very happy with it, and I think it's a lot of scope for the money.
https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-crossfire-ii-2-7x32-riflescope.html

I also have the Venom reflex style red dot. It started life on my Garand, but I have since moved it over to my .44 Bisley.
https://vortexoptics.com/red-dots/vortex-venom-red-dot.html
Actually my second. The first one failed on my second outing with it. I called Vortex customer service and a polite and helpful human answered the phone on the second ring. The only questions he asked was how did it fail, and what is your address. A replacement was next day air shipped, and I had it in two days. Not too shabby, and I will buy from them again.

TNsailorman
12-12-2021, 12:49 PM
Well guys, I have a confession to make. You have heard the phrase "if you snooze, you loose" and that is just what I did. The advertisement was opened in the later morning in a local for sale site. I had never had or even seen a Vortex scope, but the picture looked like a new scope without a box. I decided to ask opinions before I leaped. The price was $100.00 and was local so no shipping. I decided to wait to get opinions and to take a nap while waiting( I am a few days short of 80 and the doctor wants me to take a noonday nap). The scope was gone when I woke up one hour later. That old adage came back to bite me. Thanks for your replies though. I was interested in putting the scope on a 1903A3 as I am getting to the stage that open sights are very hard for me to see well enough to shoot accurately and that 1903A3 is a shooter. I bought it in 2004 from a match shooter who had warmed it a little and the first three shots I fired with it cut a clover leaf group with all 3 shots overlapping each other. I may try to find a Vortex yet. Again, Thanks for you information. james

murf205
12-12-2021, 05:31 PM
James, my LGS in Bessemer, Alabama (Simmons Sporting Goods) had a special about a week or so ago and sold 3x9x40 and 4x12x50 Vortex scopes for $100. They are called Copperheads, I believe and the man I deal with (Jeff) told me that they were the same as Crossfires. I love them as do others and I have owned a bunch of different scopes.